BMC

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited May 2015 in Pro race
What is their budget? It's a Swiss bike manufacturer registered in USA. And they don't seem to have many co sponsors. Its a big squad and still has Evans on the books? plus Gilbert and T G V G and G V A - I cant have got that right after a bottle of st chinian???

Seems minimal distribution over here (UK) - how much is BMC making to fund this team??

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    What is their budget? It's a Swiss bike manufacturer registered in USA. And they don't seem to have many co sponsors. Its a big squad and still has Evans on the books? plus Gilbert and T G V G and G V A - I cant have got that right after a bottle of st chinian???

Seems minimal distribution over here (UK) - how much is BMC making to fund this team??

I visited their shop in Ghent last week (massive) and then realised it was also their service course. I know all the pro teams are impressive, but it was very impressive!
  • inseine
    From inrng.com
    Rihs isn’t wealthy thanks to BMC bikes. Instead he founded a hearing aid business that went from his garage to a global consumer healthcare giant called Sonova (formerly known as Phonak) and at the time of writing it is worth about US$7.5 billion. According to the Sonova Annual report Rihs owns 8.7% of the business, a stake valued at $650 million meaning he nets $7 million a year in dividends alone.
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    inseine wrote:
    From inrng.com
    Rihs isn’t wealthy thanks to BMC bikes. Instead he founded a hearing aid business that went from his garage to a global consumer healthcare giant called Sonova (formerly known as Phonak) and at the time of writing it is worth about US$7.5 billion. According to the Sonova Annual report Rihs owns 8.7% of the business, a stake valued at $650 million meaning he nets $7 million a year in dividends alone.

I hear you. Yes saw the shop in Gent also on way to cross race. One day Im sure the missus will take me their and say' just get what you want I'll be back in a couple of hours'
    (1)_DSC0002.jpg
    bmc_bike_1.jpg
    bmc-teamelite-te02-2011-mountain-bike.jpg
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    bmc_bike_1.jpg

Oh. My. God. I am in love!
  • inseine
    inseine wrote:
    From inrng.com

I hear you. Yes saw the shop in Gent also on way to cross race. One day Im sure the missus will take me their and say' just get what you want I'll be back in a couple of hours'
    (1)_DSC0002.jpg
    bmc_bike_1.jpg
    bmc-teamelite-te02-2011-mountain-bike.jpg

Luckily the day I was there was my birthday!