Help Please!! bike and forks !

danlang22
danlang22 Posts: 4
edited May 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

Im considering buying the orange crush 2015, it has Rockshox Revelation Rl 140mm forks and im trying to figure out whether it has lockout ? some internet info seems to suggest no, but then other reviews talk about lockout.

could anybody possibly shed some light from experience or maybe seeing one?

also if anybody does know and it doesn't have lockout is this going to be a problem when coming to fast riding on flat surfaces.

if anyone has any suggestions too on an alternative would be great, ive considered the whyte 901 but personally prefer the orange.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    It will have a compression damping dial - "lockout" refers simply to what happens when this damping is set to maximum.
  • danlang22
    so they dont have the switch on the bars to lock the forks ? you have to manually pump the forks up until they are at there hardest ?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No just turn the knob (or push the lever if it has a remote)
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • danlang22
    ok thanks for the help, does anyone have any first hand experience of the 2015 Orange Crush ? thanks
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have had that fork. It has a lock but in three years I only felt the need to use it once. Avoid the remote lockout, it is a real piece of crap and falls aapart in no time
  • allymcmurdo
    allymcmurdo Posts: 16
    danlang22 wrote:
    ok thanks for the help, does anyone have any first hand experience of the 2015 Orange Crush ? thanks

Ive got the 2014 model, first year of the 650B frame. Its superb although Ive replaced a lot of the components now. 1x10 drivetrain, shorter stem wider bars, XT brakes. It was only going to be a stopgap as I needed a HT for my lads bike seat but it's a keeper now.
    The only problem I had was horrendous chainsuck when it was 3x10. Made a right mess of the chainstay. It was an excuse for a respray though.

image.jpg1_2.jpg
  • lotuseater
    lotuseater Posts: 58
    danlang22 wrote:

Ive got the 2014 model, first year of the 650B frame. Its superb although Ive replaced a lot of the components now. 1x10 drivetrain, shorter stem wider bars, XT brakes. It was only going to be a stopgap as I needed a HT for my lads bike seat but it's a keeper now.
    The only problem I had was horrendous chainsuck when it was 3x10. Made a right mess of the chainstay. It was an excuse for a respray though.
    /quote]

I have the 15 and had the chainsuck with the double and bash and am thinking of upgrading - what 1xdrivetrain did you go for?
    Orange Crush AM 15
    Airnimal Chameleon Ultra
    Planet X Team Alu
  • allymcmurdo
    Went for a Raceface narrow wide 30T up front on the stock raceface ride cranks. Rear is a an XT shadow+ clutch mech with an XT shifter. It's been perfect ever since fitted and it's not dropped a chain once.
  • lotuseater
    lotuseater Posts: 58
    Thanks very much - did it but more budget, so much better they should sell em like that.
    Orange Crush AM 15
    Airnimal Chameleon Ultra
    Planet X Team Alu
  • allymcmurdo
    Makes a heck of a difference doesn't it? I used tesco clubcard boost vouchers for Evans cycles to buy most of the parts, so they were essentially free!