Rose X-lite Team 4000 - Sizing help

peddlingmadness
peddlingmadness Posts: 151
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Decided this is my +1 for this spring. My problem is with the sizing. When ordering it asks for your inside leg. I'm 77.5cm and it tells me I should be on a 53cm Frame. If I put 77cm it tells me I should be on the 50cm frame. I'm 5'7in. My current road bike is a 54cm Cannondale synapse, I'm fairly comfy on it for long rides, but do occasionally get a sore neck. I was always under the impression that riding on the hoods the front wheel hub should be covered by the handle bars when looking down. As it happens the wheel hub is in front of the bars which makes me think it slightly too big. I know their rep is down in Bristol and I might have to drive down to check them out before I hit the buy button. Don't give me a load of gump about buying online without trying them out as I've not hit the buy button yet I'm just trying to get some other riders opinions on sizing for my height and inside leg.

Comments

• plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    Decided this is my +1 for this spring. My problem is with the sizing. When ordering it asks for your inside leg. I'm 77.5cm and it tells me I should be on a 53cm Frame. If I put 77cm it tells me I should be on the 50cm frame. I'm 5'7in. My current road bike is a 54cm Cannondale synapse, I'm fairly comfy on it for long rides, but do occasionally get a sore neck. I was always under the impression that riding on the hoods the front wheel hub should be covered by the handle bars when looking down. As it happens the wheel hub is in front of the bars which makes me think it slightly too big. I know their rep is down in Bristol and I might have to drive down to check them out before I hit the buy button. Don't give me a load of gump about buying online without trying them out as I've not hit the buy button yet I'm just trying to get some other riders opinions on sizing for my height and inside leg.

Have you measured your inside leg correctly, when I thought I had measured mine and rung Rose up, they laughed and said it was impossible for me to have that short a leg. If I were you I would double check that measurement and ting them in Germany, it's freephone and they are very helpful.

Alternatively look at the frame sizes on the Rose site and compare the effective top tube, seat tube, reach to that of your Synapse.Doesnt sounds like you want any of those to be bigger than what you have. You also have the option on the Rose site to change the stem size to reduce the reach slightly.
  • Thanks for your quick reply. I've watched the online video and with the help of my reluctant daughter, a spirit level and a ruler I measured 3 times and was all within a few mm of each other. When buying jeans etc i'm always a 30 short.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,642
    Phone them, ask to speak to Udo and he will help you. His English is impeccable and he, like all the other Rose staff, is very understanding and non-patronising. They will get it right for you.