Post-Election misery: retail therapy needed

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Right. Miserable election night. So I feel like boosting the economy with some spending.

New wheels required for the mighty Cinelli Saetta Sprint. No Shimano please. Handbuilt a possible. 90kg, usual MAMIL stuff. Budget £350. Need something to cheer me up :( .

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    SecretSam wrote:
    Right. Miserable election night. So I feel like boosting the economy with some spending.

New wheels required for the mighty Cinelli Saetta Sprint. No Shimano please. Handbuilt a possible. 90kg, usual MAMIL stuff. Budget £350. Need something to cheer me up :( .

You obviously need SRAM Red (if you want to finish second that is)
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Given the lack of change in Downing Street you obviously need/want something very different:

https://youtu.be/fdbwFX7pdws
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    As you're not too far away from me (I'm in Bucks). I have a great set of handbuilts for you to try. Mine aren't for sale, but they're great wheels. Built by a prominent member here.
    Archetype rims and mono RS hubs, if you've got 11 speed Shimano and fancy a pootle around the Bucks countryside trying them out let me know.
    I've got much more expensive clinchers and happy for you to see how well the handbuilts compare.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    w00dster wrote:
    As you're not too far away from me (I'm in Bucks). I have a great set of handbuilts for you to try. Mine aren't for sale, but they're great wheels. Built by a prominent member here.
    Archetype rims and mono RS hubs, if you've got 11 speed Shimano and fancy a pootle around the Bucks countryside trying them out let me know.
    I've got much more expensive clinchers and happy for you to see how well the handbuilts compare.

"Prominent member" would be Ugo, one assumes? Don't do Shimano - Campag 10 speed (for now)

Whereabouts in Bucks are you?

It's just a hill. Get over it.