Kask Mojito helmet

Pigeons in flight
Pigeons in flight Posts: 282
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi, I've recently bought a Kask Mojito helmet, which I really like - apart from the fact that my Oakley Half Jackets don't fit under it! :? Has anyone had a similar problem and, if so, have you found a work around?
Never mistake motion for action
Tweet@gmunrop69
Trainerroad - GMan69

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Don't fit at the front or arms of the sunglasses? Getting your nose or ears moved down your head could help, but it would be expensive. Of course the other options are that you could do are to change helmet, change sunglasses, or bend or saw bits off the sunglasses or off the helmet.
  • The arms don't fit at the back!
    Tweet@gmunrop69
    Trainerroad - GMan69
  • mfin
    Bend them? Cut them off, the back bits? Will they still stay on?

Why not put them both on with someone there who can see exactly what's touching what in case something can be modified? That's easier as you can't see much yourself. Maybe you could stop the helmets cage from being so far down the back of the head to stop it fouling, I dunno. But it's best to get someone practical to look as you'll never see exactly what's happening in a mirror as well as someone else can stood next to you. If you don't want to bend or cut anything off anything surely it's just a case of choosing a different helmet or shades.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,703
    It is an issue with some glasses and the Mojito. I was looking at buying a pair of Oakleys and didn't for that very reason, I then found another pair that didn't foul and was going to buy those when in a moment of clarity I realised that I was about to spend a ridiculous amount of money for a pair of glasses I didn't really like the look of, so bought some other specs for £25 that fit without any issues.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    My Mojito works ok with all my oakleys - sure the arms touch the cradle at the back - but they stay put - its not a problem if not ideal ?
  • mfin
    cougie wrote:
    My Mojito works ok with all my oakleys - sure the arms touch the cradle at the back - but they stay put - its not a problem if not ideal ?

Are your ears in the same place on a same dimension head as the OP though?
  • johnmiosh
    johnmiosh Posts: 211
    I had the same issue with my Giro and Half jackets. I had to bend the the arms down behind the ear slightly to stop them fouling the helmet cradle. Strangely, half jacket 2.0 fit perfectly without being bent.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    I sometimes tuck the arms in under the cradle.
  • mfin wrote:
    Bend them? Cut them off, the back bits? Will they still stay on?

Why not put them both on with someone there who can see exactly what's touching what in case something can be modified? That's easier as you can't see much yourself. Maybe you could stop the helmets cage from being so far down the back of the head to stop it fouling, I dunno. But it's best to get someone practical to look as you'll never see exactly what's happening in a mirror as well as someone else can stood next to you. If you don't want to bend or cut anything off anything surely it's just a case of choosing a different helmet or shades.

Thanks - unfortunately I've already used the helmet sans Oakleys, so returning isn't an option. If anyone knows of shades that work with the helmet without cutting them or moving your nose and ears, that would be helpful. :D
    Tweet@gmunrop69
    Trainerroad - GMan69
  • Spudboy
    Spudboy Posts: 101
    The arms of my Rudy Project Genetyk can be adjusted at the earpiece and work well with my Mojito without touching the cradle. I suspect other Rudy models do the same.