2010 px Nanolight owners - dented seat tube?

craker
craker Posts: 1,739
edited May 2015 in Workshop
I had to replace a broken front mech today, and this is what I found on removing the old one...

2015-05-07%2017.27.50.jpg

It's a 25mm long concave indent, 12mm wide. The mech. band sits at the top of the indent, just about covering the upper edge.

Now, is this a common feature on this frame? I don't recall seeing it when I fitted the mech. It doesn't look like damage and carbon doesn't dent like this (does it?). Maybe it melted when it got wet last.

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    craker wrote:
    I had to replace a broken front mech today, and this is what I found on removing the old one...

2015-05-07%2017.27.50.jpg

It's a 25mm long concave indent, 12mm wide. The mech. band sits at the top of the indent, just about covering the upper edge.

Now, is this a common feature on this frame? I don't recall seeing it when I fitted the mech. It doesn't look like damage and carbon doesn't dent like this (does it?). Maybe it melted when it got wet last.

Squinting at the pics of other carbon frames (Pro carbon, RT58) on the PX website it does look to be a common feature. Presumably to give enough clearance for the front mech...

I have the same on my CR1
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    It's supposed to be like that.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Yep, depending on size and geometry a lot of tubes over about an inch will have a dent like that so the mech can shift to the small ring.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.