Thorsdag...

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,364
edited May 2015 in The bottom bracket
Jag maste sej hej och valkommen.

Today, I have been mowstly been procrastinating. Pedalling later. Voting even later (FWIW :roll: ).

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Much nicer day here today (the odd heavy shower aside) nice ride in.

Will be voting later, even Russell Brand has changed his tune and will also be voting! wonders will never cease!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Afternoon all,
    Just found an excellent bit of research on RoadCC, shame MattH wasn't asked to take part. Come to that it's a shame I wasn't asked too, sounds like a right laugh.
    Very busy at work today, lots of idiots on the phones. Just had one of my Australian customers on the phone so drunk he couldn't speak. Turned out he was asking if I'd seen his emails today. Presumably he was too drunk to drive a keyboard too. Maybe Spinner could go and sort him out for me.
    Need to go and vote on the way home, will stop and visit the Mrs in her polling station too. She said it's been really quiet so far. At least I'm on a bike today and not coughing as much, finally.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just had one of my Australian customers on the phone so drunk he couldn't speak

Isn't that just Australian?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596

Today, I have been mowstly been procrastinating. Pedalling later. Voting even later (FWIW :roll: ).

Laters.

Toiday oi has moistly been boiying boxed sets of the fast show
  • veronese68
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Australian, but slower and more slurred. He'd left a couple of messages on my phone as well. In the first message he sounds just plain drunk (Australian) in the next one he is significantly more slurred. Then by the time he got hold of me he was incoherent.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just found an excellent bit of research on RoadCC, shame MattH wasn't asked to take part. Come to that it's a shame I wasn't asked too, sounds like a right laugh.

we could test it again :)

Today has been a nice run along the coastal path in Porthcawl and then lots of meetings. Just waiting for the final one and then back to Porthcawl for a working dinner. All this means no meeting up with the anti-peddling downhill boys :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,547
    Evening Roadies,

Currently in Wales and the pub beckons - unfortunately the weather forecast for tomorrow is 'power shower' type Welsh rain so we'll be doing some downhill snorkelling. At least we can avoid tedious election stuff until its all over and the country is officially screwed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Laters.

Good man. I am known for my diligence and honesty half of the time so I think I should test them for you before you get to try them out just in case they are sub-standard. I wouldn't want you to be disappointed.

Lovely day here, eventually.

Headed out into a head wind. By the time I made the turn, the wind swung around and then petered out in the last few miles. I did all that battling into the wind for a tail wind home, skipping the light fantastic just for the silly buggers upstairs to muck around?! B4stards, b4stards, b4stards...
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon all,
    Just found ... RoadCC, shame MattH wasn't asked to take part. Come to that it's a shame I wasn't asked too, sounds like a right laugh...

I recall my last year at Uni. I crashed 6 times. 5 When I was fissed as a part and once when I was sober. I only sustained an injury the time I was sober.

As for the silly ostwalian, I would call him up just about now as that hangover will be kicking in, with a very very loud conversation "Helloooo, yoo hooo, just a quick courtesy call...
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    And no landlady.

Not for me tonight :(
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    And no landlady.

You'll be back :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    And no landlady.

Yep ;)
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596

Laters.

Good man. I am known for my diligence and honesty half of the time so I think I should test them for you before you get to try them out just in case they are sub-standard. I wouldn't want you to be disappointed.

Lovely day here, eventually.

Headed out into a head wind. By the time I made the turn, the wind swung around and then petered out in the last few miles. I did all that battling into the wind for a tail wind home, skipping the light fantastic just for the silly buggers upstairs to muck around?! B4stards, b4stards, b4stards...

Complete set 7 discs for £12.90 - nothing to a man of your means.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000VA3JAC
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I also own that box-set and can vouch for it. Great stuff
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Australian, but slower and more slurred....

That'll be Welsh then.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

That'll be Welsh then.
    Aah, there you are. Just had him on the phone again, it was worse than Welsh even. He had to have about 3 goes at most sentences because he couldn't get the words to join up in the right order. Then complained about the packing in his last shipment being too big so it cost him too much in transport. When I pointed out that we had paid the shipping as it was a warranty claim he didn't understand what I was saying. So I pointed out that high carriage costs were as a result of him living on the wrong side of the world and left him to it.

Anyway, you ok? You've been very quiet recently.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

That'll be Welsh then.
    Aah, there you are. Just had him on the phone again, it was worse than Welsh even. He had to have about 3 goes at most sentences because he couldn't get the words to join up in the right order. Then complained about the packing in his last shipment being too big so it cost him too much in transport. When I pointed out that we had paid the shipping as it was a warranty claim he didn't understand what I was saying. So I pointed out that high carriage costs were as a result of him living on the wrong side of the world and left him to it.

Anyway, you ok? You've been very quiet recently.
    Thank you, am fine, just been a tad busy! Back home last night after 11 straight twelve hour plus days on site for a new client, and a bit shattered.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    And no landlady.

Yep ;)
    So will Pesky, despite him getting about 500 flat tyres in the day :) I managed to pringle a wheel casing a gap jump and give myself a nice set of scratched and a wonky thumb, but we managed to keep going till 4.30. Great day out - now plotting a trip in August...
  • pinno
    Aawr, got a thore thumb thtevie boy? Put some magic cweam on it.
  • Stevo_666
    Thought you'd be a bit sore today after seeing a TORY OVERALL MAJORITY :P
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

...and a basket of SNP MP's to annoy the heck out of you :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

...and a basket of SNP MP's to annoy the heck out of you :wink:
    I couldn't give a t0ss about them, we've got an overall majority so they are irrelevant :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    And no landlady.

Yep ;)
    So will Pesky, despite him getting about 500 flat tyres in the day :) I managed to pringle a wheel casing a gap jump and give myself a nice set of scratched and a wonky thumb, but we managed to keep going till 4.30. Great day out - now plotting a trip in August...

So a great day then! Did pesky have a drink with the landlady?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You'll have to ask Pesky. He did have a smile on his face when we met him in the morning :P
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You'll have to ask Pesky. He did have a smile on his face when we met him in the morning :P

That's a yes then