Jagwire Elite Road Sealed on Giant Defy 2 Composite?

kitenski
kitenski Posts: 218
edited May 2015 in Workshop
Has anyone installed said kit on a Giant Defy or similiar cable routing?

I'm interested in how it routed via the smaller diameter external sleeves that run under the BB.

IMG_20150507_093125643_zpsmqwgfr7l.jpg

Thanks,

Greg

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,174
    not used the sealed jagwire myself but i'd think the liner will fit the cable guide ok - i run powercordz liner through mine, its fine

just to be clear, you discard the existing bits of sleeving, then the liner goes through the bracket as is
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • kitenski
    sungod wrote:
    not used the sealed jagwire myself but i'd think the liner will fit the cable guide ok - i run powercordz liner through mine, its fine

just to be clear, you discard the existing bits of sleeving, then the liner goes through the bracket as is

Thanks, so the liner is tough enough to take any abuse from road debris that could ping up??
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,174
    afaik the 'sealed' part of the jagwire system is because you run the liner from shifters to the mechs, the outer part runs exactly where existing outer runs

with the powercordz liner typical road debris doesn't have enough energy to cause damage, i'd assume the jagwire one is designed to be tough enough for the job

vulnerability of the liner depends on your frame, riskiest place is likely to be along the chainstay where chainslap might catch it, i've had a couple of dents put in the liner here but not had it cut
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • kitenski
    Started this last night. Everything was going well until I tried to get the inner sleeve through the rear barrel adjuster. I can't get it through basically! I tried spraying grease inside it and onto the sleeve, but still no luck.
    Has anyone got any tips? I pushed a bit of old cable back inside to try and give a bit more purchase but still no joy.