Fork Upgrade: Suntour or rockshox??

nollieman50
nollieman50 Posts: 5
edited May 2015 in MTB buying advice
I have a Diamondback recoil with what people would call a "pogostick" coil fork made by suntour. I'm thinking about getting another suntour but one of their higher end ones. Its a raidon 120mm RLR that has remote lock out. My dad's bike, GT Helion Comp, came with this fork and I thought that it feels really good compared to my pogostick.
Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1412891608 ... =82&chn=ps

The other choice I have is a Rockshox Recon Silver TK 130mm.
Why I have this as an option is because, the highest trim of my bike, the Diamondback Recoil 'pro,' uses this fork. Another good thing about it is that it has 130mm travel and Diamondback uses it for the same frame that I have.

The real question is should I spend about $200 on one of these forks? Are they any good? Should I just save up for a Fox that would cost around $600? Or are these good enough for all mountain? Im looking to so All Mountain. Some going uphill and some tecnical downhills in the future. Thank you!!

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    I wouldn' bother spending huge amounts on the bike. A raidon air would be a good choice or even look for a second hand reba or manitou marvel
  • POAH wrote:
    I wouldn' bother spending huge amounts on the bike. A raidon air would be a good choice or even look for a second hand reba or manitou marvel

Thanks for the input. Just wondering why not drop that much money? And I think im gonna keep an eye out for the other forks you suggested on ebay. Thanks for the suggestions!
    :D
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    POAH wrote:

Thanks for the input. Just wondering why not drop that much money? And I think im gonna keep an eye out for the other forks you suggested on ebay. Thanks for the suggestions!
    :D
    No offence, but before you know it you'll have spent so much you could just have bought a better bike!
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • glynbarr
    glynbarr Posts: 7
    I have a cheap halfords carrera Vulcan which to be fair is a lot of bike for the money and i have just upgraded to a suntour Epicon x1, and they are a good fork, fitted from my local bike shop was £190.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Can be had for £135 on eBay and fit DIY.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.