Luke Rowe

DeVlaeminck
DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
edited May 2015 in Pro race
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/32612798

Thought this was interesting - he's resisted overtures from Sutton to join the GB track squad for Rio. Purely from a career standpoint it has to be the right move - you can't put your road career on hold like that and expect to fulfill your potential and a chance of a team gold is not worth much financially compared to a few good results in major races.
[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,561
    Tsk.... isn't this an example of Team Sky undermining national interest? Surely Olympic glory should trump all other considerations...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    He really impressed my this year as I have mentioned. This attitude takes him up another handful of notches. Proper road racer this guy is.

"I'll stick with what I know and where I love which is the road for the time being," said the Team Sky rider.
    "I think if I was to go on the track, it doesn't really inspire me that much."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    dish_dash wrote:
    Tsk.... isn't this an example of Team Sky undermining national interest? Surely Olympic glory should trump all other considerations...

What he needs to do is go there and win the road race! Win win.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Geezer.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Delete.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    dish_dash wrote:
    why? it`s lukes decision . not sky`s. plus he says he wants to do the olympics, but on the road.
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    I sense sarcasm has been lost somewhere here.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    468740516-luke-rowe-of-team-sky-on-their-team-bus-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QYn9b5AjxUAGLXX4m1NEi7gGFttRQIkmVAoMikYPAu28IkxFfP8Mchx46dEibYtejg%3D%3D
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    :oops: