Bag for Selle SMP saddle

wishitwasallflat
wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Does anyone know of a small saddle bag that can be fitted to Selle SMP saddle? I've just got myself a Drakon and none of my current bags will fit due to the flare on the rails of the SMP saddle. Would particularly like a Lezyne Micro caddy but would it fit and sit under the Drakon?

Comments

• ptlk66
    ptlk66 Posts: 52
    I bought this for my SMP Selle Dynamic:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/scicon-elan-210-saddle-bag/

Only £8.40 and does the job, i can fit one inner tube, 2 gas cylinders + head unit, patch repair kit and tyre boot in mine. I take an extra inner tube in my jersey pocket for longer runs 70+ miles. You can get it very secure with the velcro fastener but i did but some copter tape on the area where it touches the seat post. Has to be worth a punt as long as you don't consider it too small.
  • wishitwasallflat
    Thanks looks good and as you say at that price can't go far wrong!
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I have a small-medium size saddle bag by Lezyne (no idea which model but it fastens around the saddle with velcro) on my Selle SMP Stratos. Works well.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • wishitwasallflat
    Thanks passout think a trip to lbs with saddle in hand is on the cards to check if lezyne micro caddy might fit. My problem is not only SMP rails but my over generous inner thighs (sadly not muscle!) so I need something to fit the rails but not come too far forward or out beyond the sides of the saddle.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Mine doesn't come out at the side but goes go back quite a bit - I'd guess it will be OK, but a LBS visit is a good idea if you can. CRC, Wiggle etc are pretty good about returns if that helps.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.