Argon 18, Any Good?

Tilediver
Tilediver Posts: 13
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello Folks,

First post for me on here so go easy!! :D

I'm in the market for a new bike and looking at an aero frame. I've already got a Cannonade Super Six with Dura Ace and Rotor components and will use that on the hillier rides but fancy an Aero bike for the flatter stuff.

I'm mainly interested in the Argon 18 Nitrogen or the Canyon Aeroad CF. The Canyon gets a great write up wherever I look but it'd been difficult to find much info on the Argon 18 Nitrogen!

So I was wondering if anyone on here has an Argon 18 Nitrogen, or any of their other models, with regard to the build quality and ride.

Cheers!!!! :lol:

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Argon 18 makes some fantastic bikes. You won't be disappointed with either, but the Nitrogen does a lot more for me in the looks department. I'm hoping to pick up an Electron Pro at some point so I can join the ranks...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Tilediver
    Grill wrote:
    Argon 18 makes some fantastic bikes. You won't be disappointed with either, but the Nitrogen does a lot more for me in the looks department. I'm hoping to pick up an Electron Pro at some point so I can join the ranks...

Yeah they are nice looking bikes, but I'm finding it quite difficult to get any reviews, however I've not heard anything negative about them, so quite keen!!

Nice looking track bike that, enjoy!!!
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    Iv'e got an Argon 18 e116 and the build quality is as good or better than anything else i own. In fact, my next bike will be the nitrogen.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    Plenty happy Argon18 owners here: viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12969484

I've had a Gallium Pro for about a month, I love it
  • Tilediver
    cc78 wrote:

Hey thanks for the reply, funny that, I'm in Chamonix, not too far from you!!!!
  • cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    Tilediver wrote:
    cc78 wrote:

has it stopped raining there?!

crazy few days here

good luck with the new bike

PS where is the "flatter stuff" around Chamonix?!?!
  • Tilediver
    cc78 wrote:
    Tilediver wrote:
    cc78 wrote:

has it stopped raining there?!

crazy few days here

good luck with the new bike

PS where is the "flatter stuff" around Chamonix?!?!

Ha ha!!! you're in the wrong place for riding on the flat man, I came through your village today on my way up to Aravis!! lovely day for it!!!

I usually head down the valley, for a "flatter ride" through Sallanches, down to Bonneville and beyond!! Try a tour de mole, that a good ride! about 90k if you drive to Sallanches and park up there.