Forum home Mountain biking forum Routes, rides and holidays MTB rides

Cannock Chase MTB Newby - Riding Buddy/ Groups

Shire51Shire51 Posts: 3
edited June 2016 in MTB rides
Hi Everyone.

Another Newby to the MTB world and very excited.... :D

Grew up locally, Extremely fortunate to live next to the Chase (in fact our garden gate opens out into the forest).

I'm looking for riding buddies or riding group over Cannock Chase routes/ trails. Collecting MTB tomorrow morning, so hopefully be ready to get stuck this weekend. Not yet super fit but that's what I plan to be whilst enjoying myself at the same time.

Look forward to hearing from guy's & gals :)

• oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,723
    Hi Shire 51 welcome to the forum, cannock is my local stamping ground although I have a thirty minute drive to get there. Currently not going as often as waiting for trail diversions to finish. I tend to ride in the week between school hours when not at work as I work continental shifts. If you fancy a blast some time give me a buzz, several others on here have been looking for riding buddies on the chase.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Shire51Shire51 Posts: 3
    Perfect, Weekdays are better for me too, let me know when you up this way.

Thanks!
    Will PM you. Hoping to get out next Friday, family permitting.
  • dirkpitt74dirkpitt74 Posts: 518
    Welcome!
    Another Chase local here!
    There's usually a group of us who ride on a Tuesday evening (if you're on Facebook look for Chase Riders).
    Couple of guys out injured at the moment but hoping to start back up in the next few weeks.
    I usually try and ride one evening in the week and early on a Sunday morning.
  • Id be interested in tagging along if you wouldn't mind sometime, just started back up riding really but Cannock is also only around 30 mins from
    Me.
  • Felipe2105Felipe2105 Posts: 68
    Hi Guys,

I know this thread is a bit old but I'm up for meeting up for a ride one evening or weekend?

Any takers? :)

Phil
    Struggle for evening and weekend's rides but weekdays when not in shift are easier for me. Looking at riding tomorrow hopefully around 10am from birches valley, dog and monkey if anyone's interested. Expect to get wet and muddy.