Bank Holiday Star Wars Monday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited May 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I'm glad I remembered not to go to work today. This in itself is an achievement.

Today I'll be riding the Pennine Way again, but this time I'm going to turn left onto the other path, rather than stick to it. I'll take some butties with me so that I can get a small taste of the C2C.

This evening will be spent on the PS3 I imagine.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning Losers!

I'm glad I remembered not to go to work today. This in itself is an achievement.

Today I'll be riding the Pennine Way again, but this time I'm going to turn left onto the other path, rather than stick to it. I'll take some gazlar flavoured butties with me so that I can get a small taste of the C2C.

This evening will be spent on the PS3 I imagine.

Laters!

Enjoy TKM

Happy B/H one and all,

Out with the very lucky Mrs 13 today, it could be a waste of a day, it could be good! Beers could feature so i fancy it'll be good.
    Bacons has just been had, with mushrooms and brown sauce.

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Good ride in the peaks yesterday. Fitness was ok but just had no energy. Today will either be a day of frustration or a day out with the kids. Either way after a late night and then being up for a couple of hours during the night I'll mostly be knackered whatever I'm doing.

Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Morining Knicker Sniffers,

Good lie in, just did a quick fettling of the Panzer as I'm off to BPW end of the week - so 2.5 day week in work for me 8) Pub lunch later - so all in all a good start to the week :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Good ride with the lads this morning, which considering I had 4 hrs kip and a lot of ale was good

Since then it's being doing jobs, well bike repairs
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Just got back and showered. 25 miles with 2887ft of elevation. I am absolutely knackered! My legs are going to feel this tomorrow.

That said, I think this is more elevation that we'll be doing on the C2C, and with proper nutrition with us, I am now beginning to believe it will be possible, though I do think I'll be passing out after one beer!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I'll survive the c2c as well if I can get a few good night's sleep before hand. Been carrying my boys round the moors today, carrying a four year old has wrecked my shoulders. Wouldn't have been too bad but I also had a six year old in a rucksack on my back at the same time.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Evening all,
    A reasonably slow start to the day today so really can't complain. Had to do a spot of DIY and some other bits around the house, slobbed around for most of the afternoon then went for a short ride on the MTB. Thankfully it rained just before I went put which got rid of most of the people in the park. Only had to shout at one phucktard, jogging with his headphones in so he didn't hear my warning as I passed, then his dog chased me growling and snapping at my front wheel. I had to stop, shout at the dog and then at him to pull his headphones out of his ears and his head out of his aris' so he might have a clue what was going on around him.
    The joy of work tomorrow, 5 days work in 4 days. Great.