Shimano RS81 C35 wheelset or Fulcrum 3 wheelset?

Bigonabianchi
Bigonabianchi Posts: 9
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
So which wheelset is 'best'?

Shimano RS81 C35 wheelset or Fulcrum 3 wheelset

I'm on fulcrim 5's at the moment and happy, but I'm told the shimanos are cool to.....erm..by the bike dealer with the bike I like :?

They will b eused mostly for long road rides on great roads, in a mountain region.

So...any thoughts?

Cheers.

Comments

• They are wheels.

And swapping a set of alloy clinchers for another set of very similar alloy clinchers is bonkers.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    So which wheelset is 'best'?

Shimano RS81 C35 wheelset or Fulcrum 3 wheelset

I'm on fulcrim 5's at the moment and happy, but I'm told the shimanos are cool to.....erm..by the bike dealer with the bike I like :?

They will b eused mostly for long road rides on great roads, in a mountain region.

So...any thoughts?

Cheers.

its the OP's money.......

i used the rs81 c35's for 9 days in majorca this year and i was very impressed by them, i ve never been a fan of fulcrum freehubs, so if this is your final choice, you dont mind the lack of build ability of both and the price difference then get shimano.
  • Origami02
    Origami02 Posts: 147
    On price and weight alone I'd say Fulcrum 3. They're marginally lighter in weight and heavily-lighter on the pocket. From Wiggle The Fulcrums 3's are £275 at the moment, against £419 from the same retailer for the Shimanos.
    I haven't used either, but doubt they're be much in it ride-wise. Both company's build great quality wheels.
  • Thanks....I'm veering towards the fulcrums I think....i like the fives I have on the other bike and as you say they are cheaper, not into re building anything to be honest. Yep it is my money...but maybe i didnt make it clear..these are for a new bike, not replacing my exisiting wheels :)
    Thanks.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I've 3 sets of the RS80s and I'm really happy with them. Rather than the weight, it's the ride quality I really noticed when I moved to them.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH