Tenants, just love 'em

secretsqizz
secretsqizz Posts: 424
edited May 2015 in The cake stop
Why is it that people in rented accomodation (more likely on housing benefit to boot) just love to sh it on their own doorstep? The single rented house in the street has dumped sofa and chair outside on the street, cleverly as the council have a near 4 day shutdown by the time they will get their act into gear later in the week.
Dirty pathetic w ankers (not the council).
My pen won't write on the screen

Comments

• norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Why is it that people in rented accomodation (more likely on housing benefit to boot) just love to sh it on their own doorstep? The single rented house in the street has dumped sofa and chair outside on the street, cleverly as the council have a near 4 day shutdown by the time they will get their act into gear later in the week.

Because it's not theirs, so they couldn't care less. I deliver to a newish estate in a poor area, so many of the houses are private rented as they're cheap investments for landlords. Some people look after them, but most just don't seem to care as they're often not there long term anyway.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    At least you've got somewhere to sit outside.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    RideOnTime wrote:
    At least you've got somewhere to sit outside.

One of the guys I work with delivers to the REALLY dirty area of the city, about 60% of the residents are Roma migrants. I asked him what it's like and he said 'it's the kind of area where the people all have their sofas on the outside' :lol:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    sounds great for community spirit, i have a vision of people chilling outside for a nice neighbourhood natter while the kids can run around getting exercise under the benevolent eyes of the adults, and at night a bonfire with sausages and singing

must suggest trying it in knightsbridge
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Crap plastic chairs and tables in the garden are fine. A leather Chesterfield is naff....Funny that. :?

Edit When I was a kid we had a back yard. That back yard is now called a patio.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    As a general rule of thumb, people who don't pay for things, simply don't care.
    I live in a quiet area with 9 houses which are fed by a private road.
    As it is private we have to pay for the road which we did last year, it was a large cost and all but one neighbour paid a share. The problem is, the one neighbour who didn't has been parking half on the road and half on the verge which has in just over 6 months destroyed the edge to the road and the tarmac company has told us that it won't last a year before it degrades across the width of the road.

We are powerless to do anything but allow them to continue to destroy the road.
    Living MY dream.
  • hector88
    hector88 Posts: 44
    VTech wrote:

A less responsible person than me might suggest that you do have options. Probably not legal options, but you definitely have some.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Crap plastic chairs and tables in the garden are fine

Give me old rusty metal furniture over plastic furniture any day of the week! I know where I stand with metal and wood. Plastic confuses me :shock:
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    hector88 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

A less responsible person than me might suggest that you do have options. Probably not legal options, but you definitely have some.
    Like putting hefty wooden posts in the ground to stop people doing that?
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025

Why don't you just kill them?

On a more serious note, we had this problem on our street. The serial fly tipper actually owned their house, just like me.
    On the first occasion, the council tried to bill me for the removal of the sofa, as it was near my property. I declined their offer and told them who dumped the sh*t. Six months later the council moved it.
    The second time, the council tried to bill the whole street for the removal of the sh*t. I again declined to partake and told them who had dumped the crap. They told ME to buy a camera, set it up and pass on any evidence I collected. I declined.
    On the third occasion, I contacted the council to tell them not to bother billing me for the sh*t someone else would soon be reporting. They told me I should move it. I told them to f*ck off. Quite a few months later (6?) the council removed the crap.
    There is crap in the same place now. Dumped by the same people. In six months the council will remove it.
    They will not prosecute the person who dumps the sh*t. They aren't that interested. They are dirty, pathetic w ankers, just like the HOME OWNER.

Some people are c***s, whether they are home owners or not is irrelevant.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337

I am a private tennat (with my other half), we have never had anything but praise from our landlords for the past decade, we both work full time and keep our property clean and tidy. I have never once defecated on my own doorstep, or indeeed the doorsteps of my neighbours.

I'm sorry if this distorts your right wing myopic view of those who cannot afford to(or have decided not to) own their own property.

Now I will leave you alone (to go vote UKIP I presume). Idiot. :roll:
  • VTech

I am a private tennat (with my other half), we have never had anything but praise from our landlords for the past decade, we both work full time and keep our property clean and tidy. I have never once defecated on my own doorstep, or indeeed the doorsteps of my neighbours.

I'm sorry if this distorts your right wing myopic view of those who cannot afford to(or have decided not to) own their own property.

I think you totally misunderstood his post, I don't think he meant that everyone in rented accomodation sh7ts on their doorstep, just concern that some do. Thats a fact I'm afraid.
    The problem you have in life is that most people who don't pay, don't care. There is countless evidence of that the world over. I have often found that those who work to pay rent for the homes we rent out do so and keep the property clean whilst the tenants that are on benefits don't care about the properties and treat them like cr4p.
    Living MY dream.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    VTech wrote:

I think you totally misunderstood his post, I don't think he meant that everyone in rented accomodation sh7ts on their doorstep, just concern that some do.

So why the f*ck is the thread not called 'Some Tenants - and I'm speculating with no basis in fact that they may possibly be in reciept of Housing Benefit, just love 'em'?

Coming soon in this forum, the 'Home Owners, Snobbish C*nts' thread.
  • VTech
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    VTech wrote:

I think you totally misunderstood his post, I don't think he meant that everyone in rented accomodation sh7ts on their doorstep, just concern that some do.

So why the f*ck is the thread not called 'Some Tenants - and I'm speculating with no basis in fact that they may possibly be in reciept of Housing Benefit, just love 'em'?

The post was very clear, I will break it down for you.

Why is it that people in rented accomodation (more likely on housing benefit to boot) just love to sh it on their own doorstep? (Its a fact that people who do not pay for things have less care about them, this has been proven the world over and is indisputable) The single rented house in the street has dumped sofa and chair outside on the street, cleverly as the council have a near 4 day shutdown by the time they will get their act into gear later in the week. (Its a fact that tenants covered by the councils have a right to place unwanted items in the street for the council to collect, some do it legally, others illegally but the same services are not offered to non council tenants which is wrong.)
    Dirty pathetic w ankers (not the council) (I can't argue here, it is shocking how some people are willing to spoil their neighbourhood by fouling the local streets with rubbish, there are plenty of refuse sites and methods to dispose of old items, people who litter or leave waste on the street are IMO pathetic too).
    Living MY dream.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    VTech wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Why is it that people in rented accomodation (more likely on housing benefit to boot) just love to sh it on their own doorstep? (Its a fact that people who do not pay for things have less care about them, this has been proven the world over and is indisputable) The single rented house in the street has dumped sofa and chair outside on the street, cleverly as the council have a near 4 day shutdown by the time they will get their act into gear later in the week. (Its a fact that tenants covered by the councils have a right to place unwanted items in the street for the council to collect, some do it legally, others illegally but the same services are not offered to non council tenants which is wrong.)
    Dirty pathetic w ankers (not the council) (I can't argue here, it is shocking how some people are willing to spoil their neighbourhood by fouling the local streets with rubbish, there are plenty of refuse sites and methods to dispose of old items, people who litter or leave waste on the street are IMO pathetic too).

So writing your responses in red makes them factually correct then? Convenient that you totally ignored my post!
    You made us well aware long ago of your disdain for the poorer classes, traipsing out with all kinds of bullsh*t about people on the dole. (No, I am not one of them fortunately.)
    So all people on the dole are the same?
    All poor people?
    All black people?
    All disabled?
    All Jews?
    See a pattern forming here?
    I'm not a bleeding heart, but at least I possess the intelligence to know that there are decent people and morons in all walks of life, and wealth or lack of it, has nothing to do with it. So of the most arrogant c**k suckers I have had the misfortune of meeting have been "self made men".
  • VTech
    Pituophis wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    VTech wrote:

So writing your responses in red makes them factually correct then? Convenient that you totally ignored my post!
    You made us well aware long ago of your disdain for the poorer classes, traipsing out with all kinds of bullsh*t about people on the dole. (No, I am not one of them fortunately.)
    So all people on the dole are the same?
    All poor people?
    All black people?
    All disabled?
    All Jews?
    See a pattern forming here?
    I'm not a bleeding heart, but at least I possess the intelligence to know that there are decent people and morons in all walks of life, and wealth or lack of it, has nothing to do with it. So of the most arrogant c**k suckers I have had the misfortune of meeting have been "self made men".

Are you feeling ok ?
    If you check any of my posts you will see I am far from racist or in fact far from anti anyone other than those who choose not to work. You will never see or hear me write negatives about your average working man, I do however have issues with serial dole scroungers. If that is an issue to anyone then so be it but I won't write anything here or anywhere just to satisfy someone, I speak my mind.

I have also posted previously about how some rich people I know do not care about anything but this just backs up my post that you totally chose to redirect for your own purposes.

In life I meet various people and one thing that shines through (not in every case but enough to show a huge pattern) is that people who do not have to earn their money and pay their bills tend to not care about things, possessions or other people.
    This could be someone unemployed through choice or a millionaire living off a family trust fund.

People who chose to live off the state when they can attempt to work or a burden to society, that is a fact no matter what colour I write it in, does anyone argue that fact ?

People who think they are better than others due to their bank balance are foolhardy, does anyone argue that fact ?

You need to post based on facts which is ironic considering your post.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Vtech's point about people looking after things that they have earned themselves is valid. If you have had to work for something you tend to cherish it, be it a house or a child saving up to buy a toy.
    No, of course not all tenants on benefits are the same, as of course not all property owners or even landlords are the same.
    It used to be common, it may still be the case, that advertised accommodation stated 'No DSS'. On the face of it, it would seem strange because the rent would be guaranteed, but perhaps landlords had bitter experience of tenants who had not earned the rent money themselves.
    As I said, not all renters are the same and not all benefit claimants are the same.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Ballysmate wrote:
    As I said, not all renters are the same and not all benefit claimants are the same.

I think this is the point. The op was having a good old fashioned rant. Something we all enjoy from time to time! The trouble is if you make assumptions, generalisations, and sweeping statements you can probably expect to get called up on it. As he has been
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    It is a watery lager. Not for me.

You want to try some quality beers.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • If I want to sit in and drink super tennants in the day I will
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles