Soggy Sunday

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,516
edited May 2015 in The bottom bracket
Rule 5, HTFC
Rule 9, If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Mates have cried off, Off for a damp ride :shock:
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Slowmart wrote:
    Rule 5, HTFC
    Rule 9, If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

I was badass yesterday

Today is hard core with a 7 mile off-road running race, with a family race before

Afterwards is a day of ale at a mates house - perfect
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    I got wet today, absolutely drenched but that's because I went swimming.

That must make me real badass?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Slowmart wrote:
    Rule 5, HTFC

To our many rules in this world already to have something you love doing governed by even more :? Just so happens I hadn't planned on cycling today anyway, nothing to do with the pishing down rain and wind and all that :roll:

Youngest daughter is having a birthday party at the house today - hate parties! She wanted a BBQ - hate BBQ's, twenty or so 13/14 year old girls - hate groups of teenage girls!

Initial thoughts tell me to get plenty of ale/wine/gin down my neck but gut reaction tells me to stay sober and be able to drive come the inevitable catastrophe.

Have stayed out the way all morning sorting out my study which has mainly involved removing bikes and/or bike parts to more appropriate areas of the house. Best bike has ended up in the main bedroom somehow. Going to leave it there as long as I'm brave enough. Not been spotted yet.

Doubt I'll be back on here today :cry:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Slow start has been fuelled by bacon. I'm happy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Tennis with a mate was rained off - ironically the sun has just come out. But a morning spent drinking coffee and talking bollox was a decent alternative. The bike is in bits down the LBC anyway so nothing lost.

Now following the footy online/radio - will need to switch my sources when I need to take Stropteen for her horsey lesson part way through the match :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Cycled to Manchester and back. May have taken a wrong turn on the way home.... tumblr_nns97hF76h1sukfkbo1_540.jpg

turned a ride into an adventure. Horrible head wind home and I was far overdressed once the rain had cleared.

Sounds like everyone else has had a decent day. I shall have brinner to ensure Sunday bacon is consumed!
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Cycled to Manchester and back. May have taken a wrong turn on the way home.... tumblr_nns97hF76h1sukfkbo1_540.jpg

turned a ride into an adventure. Horrible head wind home and I was far overdressed once the rain had cleared.

Sounds like everyone else has had a decent day. I shall have brinner to ensure Sunday bacon is consumed!
    At least you got out on the bike!

Brave man, posting your mug up in the BB :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    should have posted Heathers, too little too late. Guess you lot now have all gone and downloaded photoshop

Not sure that proves I was on the bike, just that I took the bike out!
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    I'd get rid of what can only be described as the remnants of pubity on your chin if you want to pull.

(It's a free world Stevo)

Went out for a rather damp. dreary and slow bike ride this evening. Bit milder than yesterday but not a lot of fun.

Laters.
  • pinno
    Oooh, team kit, better watch out salkernglkengk596904grkr - the bike Nazi's in Road General will skin you alive for that.
  • pinno
    edited May 2015
    Snot green colour forks !!!
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Cycled to Manchester and back. May have taken a wrong turn on the way home....

At least you got out on the bike!

Brave man, posting your bike in the BB :)

FTFY :D
  • pinno
    Were you in a field looking for sheep?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Especially with that colour scheme.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Especially with that colour scheme.

To be fair to him, he was in a field riding in the big ring. That takes some doing.
  • Stevo_666
    To be fair to him, he was in a field riding in the big ring. That takes some doing.
    A bit like downhill then...which reminds me, off to Wales on Thursday :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Might be there
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Might be there

Might not though :) (not as confident when I'm not hissed)
  • Flâneur
    Glad I amused you all!

Pina, the Wirral may be close to Wales, but it is not Wales. There is a road general section? must have skipped that between here and CC
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Might be there

Might not though :) (not as confident when I'm not hissed)
    In any event, the only 'downhilling' you might be doing is tipping beer downhill into your neck :wink: