Getting Clean.

magibob
magibob Posts: 203
edited May 2015 in Commuting general
Hi.

Just finished my first ever 100 miles in a week. I know that's nothing to a lot of people, some would do that in a morning and play football in the afternoon, but for an overweight 50-odd year old, it's a big thing.

So, next step is to commute. 14 miles each way. Planning on doing it 2 or 3 days a week. I'm happy I can do the distance and work in between. Only problem is facilities for getting clean.

I live in Mallorca, so can ride and work in shorts and tee shirts, at least for the next 6 months or so.

Only real option is getting changed in the toilet cubicles. As the sink areas are behind plain glass opening onto a courtyard, even strip washing isn't an option.

I've heard that baby wipes are a good option for getting clean and not smelly, Any other ideas would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Andy

Comments

• magibob
    "Getting Clean." Perhaps I should have specified I didn't mean in the drugs sense. :)

Anyway, going for it tomorrow, with the baby wipes.

First commute of more than about 2 miles. I'll report back.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    google "dry shower" . both muc-off and chapeau sell them - not sure about how good they are but probably worth a try
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I get away with a strip wash - but it's all cold water - you can't see into the area with the basin and the door locks!
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Isn't there a disabled loo? Spacious with sink and lockable door
  • outsider78
    outsider78 Posts: 38
    Try to find a gym nearby and register with them. That's what I did at my new workplace - there was no shower, commute is 20mile each way and I sweat a lot, so baby wipe was no option.

Gym costs only £24.99 p/m (a lot cheaper comparing what I would have paid for transport).
  • mogrigg
    mogrigg Posts: 73
    I use baby wipes and the muc off dry shower stuff. Works for me :)
  • magibob
    Thanks for the replies...but....WE'VE GOT A SHOWER!!!!

I'm happy, the people who sit near me are no doubt very happy. :)

Apparently there had been one in the basement that just needed fixing. A couple of other commuters had been mentioning it to the bosses, a bit of a push from me as well and, it now works!!!

:):):):):)