Canyon Ultimate CF SL

Miles253
Miles253 Posts: 535
edited May 2015 in Your road bikes
She has arrived!

Finally pulled the trigger on this beauty, couldn't be more happy with it. Selling the stock Cosmics, bought some super wide Spin Koppenberg rims. Really happy with the build thus far, could lose a bit of weight but can do that in time.

First ride on it today, loving it so far

01CEDB5B-56CF-41E8-9442-072E4D91FD28_zps0k53p2sb.jpg

Build list:

Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Ultegra 6800
Canyon bar and stem
Spin Koppenberg wheels
Continental GP4000
Elite cages
Mavic Zxellium pedals

weight: 7.7kg
Fizik Antares saddle
Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group

Comments

• turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Very nice, congrats.

Canyon's always look so lively. Like they can't wait to dart up a hill given any encouragement!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • This is the bike I was after before opting for a rose. Enjoy it mate!
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Good stuff. What size have you gone for? Can't tell if it's bigger than my XL or not
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I've recently built my Ultimate CF.Loving it so far.A much better ride than my Planet-X RT-58!

17189308066_ef84033de9_b.jpg

Cosmic Elites will be the next step.
  • Miles253
    I went for an XL in the end, set up is exactly the same as my 2xl roadlite, with the variances in stem length and stack reach. Seems pretty comfortable so far, position still needs tweaking. Seatpost is excellent
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    Miles253 wrote:
    She has arrived!

Finally pulled the trigger on this beauty, couldn't be more happy with it. Selling the stock Cosmics, bought some super wide Spin Koppenberg rims. Really happy with the build thus far, could lose a bit of weight but can do that in time.

First ride on it today, loving it so far

01CEDB5B-56CF-41E8-9442-072E4D91FD28_zps0k53p2sb.jpg

Build list:

Canyon Ultimate CF SL
    Ultegra 6800
    Canyon bar and stem
    Spin Koppenberg wheels
    Continental GP4000
    Elite cages
    Mavic Zxellium pedals

weight: 7.7kg
    Fizik Antares saddle

How are you finding the Spin Koppenberg wheels? Thinking of buying some.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Funny to see this thread. I've just hired this for the week. Impressed so far.

l24QuFO.jpg
  • Miles253
    How are you finding the Spin Koppenberg wheels? Thinking of buying some.

To be fair, ive not ridden them loads, but on the few rides i have done, i am nothing but impressed.
    The rim width is so wide that my 25 mm Contis are up to nearly 28mm, this obviously gives you awesome grip, vibration dampening and supposedly aero gain. So pretty comfortable. Seem light enough, and that's coming from 1450 Shamals on my previous bike.

No issues with stiffness, though i am only 75kg and not a powerhouse. Only issue if uncovered, is that getting the wheel out does require some tyre deflation as they are so wide, and at full pressure on Ultegra brakes, they are going nowhere unless you literally release the cable. Not a major problem, just an inconvenience.
  • markhewitt1978
    Has yours got a top cap which has a hole in it?
  • Miles253

No just a top cap with no bolt :s Not even figured out how it all comes apart yet, guessing its the little screw on the headset race. Why do you ask?
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Miles253 wrote:

No just a top cap with no bolt :s Not even figured out how it all comes apart yet, guessing its the little screw on the headset race. Why do you ask?
    Mine also has a top cap.
    There's a tool and instructions in the same accessory pack as the Torque-wrench/bits etc that comes with the frame(at least mine had one)
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    ibbo68 wrote:
    Miles253 wrote:

Mine also has a top cap.
    There's a tool and instructions in the same accessory pack as the Torque-wrench/bits etc that comes with the frame(at least mine had one)
    They got rid of the open steerer cap? But that was their trademark!
    I always though the open steerer was an obvious place to store a mini-pump, small gel flask, tyre levers, battery for a front light, or something. It would have been very easy for Canyon to develop a small line of accessories to make use of this easily accessible concealed space.
  • Funny to see this thread. I've just hired this for the week. Impressed so far.

l24QuFO.jpg

Do they come in adult sizes?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • markhewitt1978
    Haha. That's an XS which does feel a little smal but I'm confused by their sizing really. As it's technically a 50cm but the top tube length is 52.5cm which is 0.5 longer than my Scott CR1 which is a 52cm
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Haha. That's an XS which does feel a little smal but I'm confused by their sizing really. As it's technically a 50cm but the top tube length is 52.5cm which is 0.5 longer than my Scott CR1 which is a 52cm
    Bike sizing is a mess! As you probably know the size naming convention is generally based on the seat tube rather than the top tube, even though effective top tube is what matters more (though stack and reach is more useful). Compact geometry means the seat tube could vary hugely for different designs of similar real size! Looking at the Canyon Ultimate geometry, there's no dimension that is a good correlation to the "size" dimension across the range. But as long as the geometry table is there I'll know where I stand! :D
  • Miles253
    Funny to see this thread. I've just hired this for the week. Impressed so far.

l24QuFO.jpg

Do they come in adult sizes?

Ha, truly is little and large!
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    The bike is ok, but silver, grey and acqua blue with the yellow lables on the wheels gets up in my grill.

Can you de-sticker the wheels?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Miles253
    The bike is ok, but silver, grey and acqua blue with the yellow lables on the wheels gets up in my grill.

Can you de-sticker the wheels?

Yeah wheels can be de-stickered. Might do a photoshop without decals
  • markhewitt1978
    Well I finished my week with the Canyon and did a few rides including Cap de Formentor and Sa Colabra. Really impressed with how it climbed and how it pushes on when asked. Seemed to fit me pretty well too but geometry is hard to determine. It's also hard to compare riding one bike in Spain and my Scott CR1 in the UK. Definitely on my list of bikes to buy in the future.