Shoes with rear Boa tightening?

Smirf
Smirf Posts: 123
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi

Does anyone know of shoes that have the ability to also tighten at the rear of the shoe?

I have very high arches, so when tightening the shoe as much as I can I still find the heel of my foot has the ability to move to much. It's not a case of the shoes are too big as they fit well at the front, just having stupidly high arches are proving restrictive! Currently using Giro shoes.

It might be case of trying different types to see if the fit improves but thought I would see if anyone knew of ones that might better solve this

Thx
Parlee Altum - "summer"
Felt VR5 - "winter"
Trek Triton Singlespeed - "commuter"

Comments

• jazgill
    jazgill Posts: 98
    Hi

Some of the SIDI shoes have an adjustable heel retainer.
    regards
    Jas
  • Smirf
    Cheers. Will take a look. Hadn't spotted any when in shops but worth digging through their website
    Parlee Altum - "summer"
    Felt VR5 - "winter"
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Lake did a shoe with a boa dial on the rear - now discontinued but might be worth checking ebay.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Garybarker
    Garybarker Posts: 44
    The Lake shoes Monty Dog mentions are the CX236, I had some until recently and really liked them, they were a tad small in the toe box unfortunately for me but the quality and build were very good
  • Smirf
    I checked out the sidi shoes. Unfortunately I need a mega fit and annoyingly none of them seem to have the heel retention system!

Thanks for the tip in lakes. I'll take a look at those
    Parlee Altum - "summer"
    Felt VR5 - "winter"
  • wishitwasallflat
    wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
    I had those lakes and sold them on very quickly as the rear boa is the only one and after a few weeks the friction differential between the wire going all the way round the heel through the leather, compared to over the forefoot meant they didn't tighten the shoe at all well.