New Lid - Kask Mojito

volvo_fatboy
volvo_fatboy Posts: 69
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Guys,

I'm in the market for a new lid and have decided on a Kask Mojito. I've tried a friends and a medium fits perfectly, no mushroom effect! :D

Around the net @ £120, but keen for a bargain I've found them on ebay for £86: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KASK-Mojito-White-Orange-FLUO-Medium-Helmet-/381241348257?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58c3c150a1

My questions are:
1. Does anyone know if they are legit helmets/grey imports/fakes?
2. Has anyone bought from ebay shop = shopto or the shopto.net website and are they any good?

Cheers for your help

Comments

• magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    CRC had a code for Kask helmets for 15% off. 'KASK' not sure if it still works.
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    Bike 24, 115 euros = £84
  • foggymike wrote:
    Bike 24, 115 euros = £84

Or just get Wiggle to price match
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Yes, the Chain Reaction Cycles code 'KASK' still works for 15% off.

Also Bike 24 price for white-orange is down to €97.40 + €5.95 P+P, so €103.35 = £76.

Cheers for your help.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Its a great helmet, the Mojito is my summer lid. Managed to get it in white with WC colours to match the Ritchey WCS cockpit ;-)
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Captain Fagor
    Captain Fagor Posts: 739
    I have a couple of Mojitos, but I don't wear them in summer as (IMO) they don't vent that well. Great helmet for <15 degrees though.
  • ivanoile
    ivanoile Posts: 202
    For me, Bell Volt vs Mojito ,Mojito won in the summer,I could feel it was cooler and better vented.But no Oakleys for Kask nor storing them on helmet while climbing made me sold Kask.
  • That's interesting info, thanks guys, I might have to rethink the lid then.

I currently have a Giro Aeon which vents really well and use Oakley Radarlocks, so back to the drawing board maybe.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    try a laser genesis. can get the 2014 model for 50% off in lots of places. it's the least mushroomy helmet i've ever come across and is very light
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago