Colnago C40 paint job(s) query

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,318
edited November 2018 in Workshop
Apparently, all the C40's had a paint job code for the colour scheme. Can anyone verify this and if this is true, where do I find the list? Cheers.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Colnago bikes do have paint codes. My C59 is 'MTBK'. Not sure about a definitive list but one of the best current sources of info is their official Facebook page. It's a treasure trove of info/pics. Might be worth trawling the photos and asking there? Also Meastro might be able to get you the info too.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I have a Colnago catalogue from 1994 complete with paint schemes - what code are you looking for?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • pinno
    Monty Dog wrote:
    I have a Colnago catalogue from 1994 complete with paint schemes - what code are you looking for?

I am not sure it will be listed. Click on Wiggle Honda (below) and you will see that colour scheme. I am trying to ascertain what colour scheme it is and then perhaps choose a different one when I finally get around to getting it re-sprayed.

I am not on facebook.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Nice use of a brick on the BWVT - chapeau.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Nice use of a brick on the BWVT - chapeau.

Grr, hands off brick cave ug berry man.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    There used to be a site with all the codes listed with pictures but I just can't find the bugger!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pinno
    NapoleonD wrote:
    There used to be a site with all the codes listed with pictures but I just can't find the bugger!

That would be the mutt's nuts NapD. Hope you can jog your memory. Probably come to you at 3am!
  • napoleond
    NOOOOOOOOOO! I found the site address but it's no longer in existence.

FWIW it was colnago-frames.com
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pinno
    Humph. Double humph. Triple humph...

Never mind, cheers NapD. I'll sign up to facecrook methinks under a pseudonym.

FWIW, the Colnago owners club is pants. Useless. Sent 3 emails to them, no reply.
  • Captain Fagor
    Captain Fagor Posts: 739
    NapoleonD wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOO! I found the site address but it's no longer in existence.

FWIW it was colnago-frames.com

If it's the same one I used to have in my favourites, it closed down a few years ago, which is a bummer.

RB06 C50
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    RB06 would be 2006 Rabobank - Googling it reveals an orange-only scheme. The paint scheme in the link looks like a Dream paintjob. My catalogue appears to be buried in the loft - I'll need to go hunting...
    One suggestion would be to contact Mike Perry at Maestro - he can get Colnagos repainted in Belgium using any of their schemes - expect a long wait though.
    Alternatively, try Atlantic Boulevard in Bury - Neil did a custom job on my Colnago which was better than the factory finish.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Captain Fagor
    Captain Fagor Posts: 739
    RB06 C50 is what I have (57 trad). Plus a polka dit C59 (52s) - don't know the code for that one! Apologies for confusion.

The top tube of that C40 has the rider on it, like the AD10 (blue) and AD11 (red colour schemes). Perhaps it's a precursor to the Art Decor series? Jeez - why did they close that site down - query would be resolved in a jiffy!
  • pinno
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Alternatively, try Atlantic Boulevard in Bury - Neil did a custom job on my Colnago which was better than the factory finish.

It was your original suggestion that I go to Atlantic Boulevard for the re-spray. If I am going the whole hog, I am fairly sure I want a different colour scheme - same format as mine but in different shades. I do like the Rabobank colours but I am fixed on this, Again I don't know what this paint job code is:

82345617_o.jpg

Whilst we are at it, I was under the (wrong) impression that the C40's were produced between 1994 and 2004.

Considering the changes to frames and materials over that period, it's longevity (in a relatively unchanged state) is astounding. It is a sublime ride.
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Another vote for Neil at Atlantic Boulevard from me. He revived a grubby old Colnago Asso frame for me

17344106986_7585faaf09_b.jpg
  • pinno
    ^ That is very very smart. Have you posted it in 'the 'Your road bikes' section?
  • pinno
    Is this yours Shipley, slightly revamped?

col_pr82eps_12.jpg
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    No mate, that's an EPS (Carbon) - mine is an aluminium frame.

That's a picture from Pista Palace bike shop,in the USA http://www.pistapalace.com/gallery.html
  • pinno
  • napoleond
    That’s not a page, it’s just the results of a search for images, however I just found this-

https://m.facebook.com/ColnagoOwnersPCP/?locale2=en_GB

The Art Deco Rabobank looks like it’s AD23
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pinno
    Cheers NapD.

I'm not the best at navigating that damn site but i'll persevere.
  • So the paint code your after is LX 11, LX stands for lux 11 is the code for red