2015 CAAD10 Ultegra or 2015 Fuji Altamira 2.5?

gray_rain
gray_rain Posts: 5
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Time for a new bike, folks!

The Altamira is Carbon. The CAAD is aluminum. Anybody have any experience with these bikes? Obviously the CAAD always gets a ton of attention. What about this Fuji though? How does it compare?

Comments

• dgunthor
    dgunthor Posts: 644
    i've ridden aluminium cannondales from 1994, last I had was a CAAD10 and it rode great. I now have a cannondale supersix evo (carbon) and handling feels the same as the CAAD10, maybe a little more comfy.

You won't regret the CAAD10
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    i had a caad10 or rather my GF did, it was ok, nothing special but could nt recommend as we had endless problems the BB30 bottom bracket (as many others have too) sold it and bought a carbon Dolan, similar price and fantastic bike.
    The Fuji's PF would be less troublesome.
  • mamba80 wrote:
    could nt recommend as we had endless problems the BB30 bottom bracket (as many others have too)

What kind of problems? What is the BB30's greatest weakness?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    gray_rain wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    could nt recommend as we had endless problems the BB30 bottom bracket (as many others have too)

oh God, here we go yet again... yes millions have issues with bb30.. absolutely millions.. its on internet so must be true....ffs
  • JGSI wrote:
    gray_rain wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

oh God, here we go yet again... yes millions have issues with bb30.. absolutely millions.. its on internet so must be true....ffs

Chill out, man. How about providing something constructive to the discussion instead of just mocking? :)
  • hegyestomi
    hegyestomi Posts: 504
    I had top of the range Fuji and loved it while it lasted. Although I haven't ridden the 2.5 mine was very stable, stiff and responsive.
    Not much of help but maybe useful.
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I had two CAAD 10's and covered nearly 7000 miles on them. Had a dodgy bottom bracket on the first one after a few weeks and then no issues whatsoever. Check sizing on the CAAD as I went from a 52 Cannondale which was a little too long on the top to a 54 on a Tarmac. I've done over 1000 miles on the Tarmac and I'm afraid to say its a much better bike (for me) than the Cannondale.

P
  • PaulMon wrote:
    I had two CAAD 10's and covered nearly 7000 miles on them. Had a dodgy bottom bracket on the first one after a few weeks and then no issues whatsoever. Check sizing on the CAAD as I went from a 52 Cannondale which was a little too long on the top to a 54 on a Tarmac. I've done over 1000 miles on the Tarmac and I'm afraid to say its a much better bike (for me) than the Cannondale.

P

Are you reffering to a Specialized Tarmac?
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    gray_rain wrote:
    PaulMon wrote:

P

Are you reffering to a Specialized Tarmac?

Yep.
  • pianoman
    pianoman Posts: 706
    +1 for the Tarmac. Though if you like the Fuji bikes there seems to be a greater variety of Transonics - if I was buying from Evans I don't think I'd be looking at any other bike they have exclusivity over.

But do test ride them - I just "didn't get it" with the Supersix Evo yet felt locked and loaded the minute I tested a Tarmac.