Carbon forks to replace my Genesis Equilibrium ones.

70\ʹspenguin
70\ʹspenguin Posts: 957
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I don't know if I'm asking the impossible but here goes. I need some forks to replace the ones I have. They take 57mm long drop brakes. And accommodate sks chromosome mudguards.

What I'd like is a replacement but something a little chunkier similar to the ones on UGO's fugio and the current range on the 2015 CDF's. My problem is that these forks take a tapered steerer and I need a straight one. Secondly I'd still like to run the long drop brakes but id like a disk mount so I can pop a disc on the front when the funds allow.

I've checked the genesis site who are useless. I've checked Madison. Anything else that comes up seem to be the usual kinesics

Does such a fork exist? Moon on a stick?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Scroll down here and you'll find a pair with mudguard eyes -

http://www.chrisbikes.co.uk/bike-parts-and-accessories/
  • mikenetic
    mikenetic Posts: 486
    The caliper and disc compatibility combined in one fork is pretty much asking for the moon on a stick.

Caliper-wise, you could go for the Columbus Hiver, which allows a 25mm tyre with full mudguards. Enigma make a similar fork.

Enigma also make a disc version of their fork, and Condor are supplying one with the disc Fratello, but I don't know if that'll be available on the aftermarket.
  • 70\ʹspenguin
    70\ʹspenguin Posts: 957
    Thanks for the replies. Yeah I kinda guessed it was moon on a stick.

So it looks like a nice lightweight carbon fork. Kinesis seem to do some decent ones. Any one got any other suggestions before I pull the trigger?

Regards