KS LEV DX Dropper Post

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited April 2015 in MTB buying advice
Just wondering if anyone has this post? Any feedback - good/bad?

Reverbs are cheaper at the mo, but I don't want one!

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Not ridden the DX but had a Lev for just under 2 years. Well I owned it for that long anyway, probably only had it for about half that time :roll:

When it was working it was nice enough. The remote is decent, the action is smooth enough and it wasn't too heavy. However reliability was shocking. It was sent back about 6 times for warranty and serviced twice at Jungle when I owned it. Each time it came back working and then broke again a few months later. Sometimes it stopped working altogether, sometimes it got a lot of play and once it even developed weird scratches due to something messing up inside. Each time it was sent back I was told it was my fault due to not servicing it enough but they would fix it anyway. It still took ages to fix each time and there was no way it wasn't getting serviced enough because it was back for warranty so often. There was about 8 months where nothing went wrong which is when it was serviced by Jungle but it broke again not long after that. Eventually I got sick of it and got a refund.

Now ignoring all that because there are plenty of people who have them with no issues I would stay away if you are a heavier rider. Of all the things to get wrong on a seatpost, the saddle clamp is shocking. It just wouldn't hold the saddle rails. I could start the ride with the saddle all the way forwards on the rails and half way through the ride the saddle would be all the way back. Copious amounts of friction paste solved that but I've never had any other seatpost have the same issue, not even cheap £10 ones.
  • Sell it to me why don't you :wink:

I was looking to get it from ze germans, not so keen now!

What about a gravity dropper?
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I have a Lev Integra - nothing to compare it to but it has been totally reliable, great lever action, goes up and goes down on demand, seat stays in place - no issues.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.