Spesh Lululemon helmet - opinion

ivanoile
ivanoile Posts: 202
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Do you think that color desing of Lululemon helmet (black-white) is mainly for girls?
As I really like the design,but I'm afraid that I am going to listen others that helmet is from girls team and similar thoughts :oops:

Would you dare to wear one?

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Dude, I ride a pink bike...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    If YOU like it buy it and wear it. :)
  • ivanoile
    Just quick question,can you put your Radarlocks on Prevail while climbing? Are they stable while on helmet?

And thank you for encouraging me :wink:
  • My wife has that helmet, but I've worn it a couple of times whilst mine was smashed. There's nothing girly about the design, it's just the styling is taken from the ladies team. I don't think it looks particularly girly though, and not many people are going to recognize the graphics and link them to a ladies pro team!

I've got the slightly cheaper model S3. The prevail doesn't fit glasses in the vents though, whereas my S3 does.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    I've got the slightly cheaper model S3. The prevail doesn't fit glasses in the vents though, whereas my S3 does.

The Prevail easily fits Radarlocks and securely too – you just have to watch the cycling on TV to prove that! Works perfectly with Adidas Evil Eyes too.

[edit - forgot to add that I have used the helmet for several years and also use both those glasses - no issues AT ALL :-)]
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    Lululemon is a chain of sport clothing retailers that focusses on young and not so young girls who get overly excited about hot yoga, pilates, antioxidants, quinoa, goji beerries, wholefoods, raw eating and over priced sushi... if you think that reflects your lifestyle, then it is for you, otherwise it is not... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • I've got the slightly cheaper model S3. The prevail doesn't fit glasses in the vents though, whereas my S3 does.

The Prevail easily fits Radarlocks and securely too – you just have to watch the cycling on TV to prove that! Works perfectly with Adidas Evil Eyes too.

[edit - forgot to add that I have used the helmet for several years and also use both those glasses - no issues AT ALL :-)]

What model prevail do you have, and which vents do you put your glasses in?

There have been a few different models and the prevail that my wife has doesn't fit an sunglasses. Newer prevails might though.

The S3 my glasses go upside down in the vents either side of the front 'mouth vent'.
    e0ee44e2bc89e3f8bec320da3822402e.jpg

On the prevail the 'mouth vent' is wider so you can't get the arms either side of it. The vents above the mouth are too narrow and the glasses sit really loose.

e6981065f216c1f909e61bd6a0c2a579.jpg
  • thegreatdivide
    Older black/grey (bought 2012) and newer all black (bought June 2014). Oakleys and Adidas upside down and in outer 2 vents above 'mouth'. The've never fallen out, even in a monsoon climbing the Aravis with my head down wishing it would all be over.
  • Older black/grey (bought 2012) and newer all black (bought June 2014). Oakleys and Adidas upside down and in outer 2 vents above 'mouth'. The've never fallen out, even in a monsoon climbing the Aravis with my head down wishing it would all be over.

seem to work with contador on new version too...
    ?m=02&d=20150310&t=2&i=1031068494&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=LYNXMPEB290PG

But this the year before not so good for roche:
    WATSON-00003712034_3101930.jpg?20140622151347

Maybe it's just fairly specific to the size of helmet and glasses as well as the model.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting a prevail,. but after trying my wife's and finding the glasses didn't fit, I opted to replace my smashes S3 like for like.
  • thegreatdivide
    Eh?
  • Eh?

Eh... well I'm just pointing out that whilst you say that your glasses fit fine in the prevail model you have, other glasses do not fit in the lululemon helmet pictured (tried three different pairs).

So your advice to buy based upon your helmet may not be correct.

New model, sounds and looks like it fits glasses:
    1411467968727-1hgg89x6s7ypq-700-80.jpg

Old model, in my experience no fit:
    517oGuxFSYL._SX300_.jpg
  • ivanoile
    I have to say that I'm a bit confused.Yes this other pic is the one of the helmet I want.But this "new" Prevail to me looks the same,at least on Specialized's sites.
    On your pic it looks like this front bridge is a bit smaller.
  • thomasmorris
    thomasmorris Posts: 373
    Yes, hard to tell, maybe they are the same and just look different from different angles. I tried a few pairs of glasses in my wifes helmet last night. None would stretch to the vents either side of the mouth, and although they fit in the vents above the mouth vent, they were very loose and fell out if you looked down.

However, obviously some glasses must work as we can see it in the picture of contador and thegreatdivide's experiences.

All the glasses I've had have worked on the S3 in the vents either side of the mouth, even mountain biking.
  • thegreatdivide
    They're both the same helmet.

Here's a pic of my older model next to the newer 2014 model - there's really no difference apart from colour and the brand new 2015 model is exactly the same apart from new padding inside.

IMG_2322.jpg