Help to identify mtb make and model

njohnson91ma
njohnson91ma Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in MTB general
Hi,
Hoping somebody on here can help in identifying the below bike that I picked up cheap second hand. It has had Giant decals added but I cannot locate this bike in the Giant back catalogues and the seller did not seem to know either. The code on the frame is located on the rear stay on the left hand side and starts 37768. Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Poor photo, but judging by the cheap generic rear dropouts its a mass produced far east frame which could have been sold under a large number of different brand names, Townsend, Falcon, Hawke, British Eagle etc etc, all looked similar. They weighed a ton (I had a cheap Townsend I got off ebay for £5.50 my son used as a hack bike for college due to the rate of bike thefts - the bare frame weighed nearly 3Kg due to the thick walled low grade steel tube).

Worth about £15 if it's useable.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks for your reply. At least nobody will nick it so will do a s a short term run around!
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    At least nobody will nick it...

Oh, I wouldn't bet on that.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Remove the Giant badges as some scroat may nick it first and check it later!

My hack bike is a reasonable quality Gary Fisher frame that looks really tatty (lots or rust just waxed over) and all the components are just 'good enough' (e.g. Tourney rear mech) to make it OK to ride.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.