Llama

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,294
edited April 2015 in Commuting chat
Mainly for Boff and Jzed I think, was it them that were seeing Llamas on a ride?

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I see a lot of alpacas on my route to and from work if they count? they are a bit llama like, although usually safely in a field!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • You must have seen the latest McVities biscuit advert featuring, or so I thought, a Llama in a library? I understand that this cinematic masterpiece cost a cool one point seven million squid to pull together. You can imagine the gasps in the boardroom as the marketing executive announced "The alpaca represents the overwhelming delight consumers feel when they bite in to this intensely crunchy McVitie’s DeliChoc biscuit"

Mind you I couldn't see the connection between martians and instant mashed potato either but that ended up becoming a TV advert classic....
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I see a lot of alpacas on my route to and from work if they count? they are a bit llama like, although usually safely in a field!

There is a farm with llamas when I take my normal CX box hill loop.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    i see nothing ...
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    Mind you I couldn't see the connection between martians and instant mashed potato either but that ended up becoming a TV advert classic....
    That made perfect sense. Mashing potatoes was old fashioned, more advanced beings from space used instant mash. Llamas in libraries doesn't make sense however.
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:
    i see nothing ...
    That's what I thought happened. Did Jzed hallucinate Llamas?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Llamas on the Tourmalet.

Or not.

You had to be there.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I have a llama in my pocket every day.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    How everyone missed the Llama pack crossing the descent of the Tourmalet I have no idea. Probably the lack of food and drink at the top......

Now where is that video of me temporarily scalping the FDJ rider.