Could this be the most stupid question about Energy Drinks?

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Dude, you're faking it. That's looks suspiciously like a meth lab in your back bedroom. And I see you're working for the Kaiso Zinc Finger Family... very suspicious.

lolz
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    ^ PWNED :lol:
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    POAH wrote:
    Nicely quoted...
    wasn't quoted, you are trying to argue with someone that knows more than you do on this subject.
    Excellent - You can carry on arguing and I will carry on discussing.

A lot of effort for some one upmanship. I will concede you will know far more in your field but that still has bugger all to do with diet and nutritional knowledge for which I would wager I trump you on.

Anyway, enough of the posturing and on with the discussing (or arguing).
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    I will concede you will know far more in your field but that still has bugger all to do with diet and nutritional knowledge for which I would wager I trump you on.

Well, you clearly know bugger all about aspartame so I wouldn't bet on that.

You opened yourself up to being trumped, so might as well take it with good grace.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • poah

A lot of effort for some one upmanship. I will concede you will know far more in your field but that still has bugger all to do with diet and nutritional knowledge for which I would wager I trump you on.

(or arguing).

not really a lot of effort, I didn't do my degrees just on the off chance that one day I would know more than someone.

and while my PhD isn't in nutrition, protein chemistry is pretty important when you are dealing with a methyl dipeptide like aspartame. It also means I can read the peer review published research and understand it with ease. In this case on the fact that aspartame and the polyols being totally safe, I am certain to a degree of 100% that I am right and you are wrong.
  • BloggingFit
    I will concede you will know far more in your field but that still has bugger all to do with diet and nutritional knowledge for which I would wager I trump you on.

You opened yourself up to being trumped, so might as well take it with good grace.
    Really? By giving an opinion that I feel that it's not healthy for you? If the alternative is that it is a healthy option then I'm more than happy to know bugger all and be trumped.
  • poah
    Really? By giving an opinion that I feel that it's not healthy for you? If the alternative is that it is a healthy option then I'm more than happy to know bugger all and be trumped.[/quote]

next you'll tell us the MMR vaccine causes autism
  • BloggingFit
    POAH wrote:

(or arguing).

not really a lot of effort, I didn't do my degrees just on the off chance that one day I would know more than someone.

and while my PhD isn't in nutrition, protein chemistry is pretty important when you are dealing with a methyl dipeptide like aspartame. It also means I can read the peer review published research and understand it with ease. In this case on the fact that aspartame and the polyols being totally safe, I am certain to a degree of 100% that I am right and you are wrong.
    Errr, the posting of the photo's, not you achieving your PhD - I would commend you for that.

Safe and healthy not the same in my book. Plenty of foods deemed safe to consume but hardly healthy options. No doubt what you do plays a big role but you deal in the creation while nutrition is more about the manipulation and application. Requires a different knowledge entirely which circles back to safe vs healthy.
  • BloggingFit
    POAH wrote:
    Really? By giving an opinion that I feel that it's not healthy for you? If the alternative is that it is a healthy option then I'm more than happy to know bugger all and be trumped.

next you'll tell us the MMR vaccine causes autism
    That's actually quite a shitty comment to make and a bit close to home for my liking.
  • Angus Young

No, not by giving an opinion, but by ignoring the facts in favour of unfounded opinion. Which you're still doing. Rather like those idiot parents who won't give their kids an MMR jab because they'd rather go on an alarming headline in the Daily Mail rather than the mountain of evidence that says it's safe.
  • BloggingFit

No, not by giving an opinion, but by ignoring the facts in favour of unfounded opinion. Which you're still doing. Rather like those idiot parents who won't give their kids an MMR jab because they'd rather go on an alarming headline in the Daily Mail rather than the mountain of evidence that says it's safe.
    What facts am I ignoring? That it's safe? Healthy? Do enlighten me. Anyone with an ounce of common sense should see that choosing to not consume sweeteners is a better, more healthy option? Or am I wrong as I apparently know nothing.
  • Angus Young
    What facts am I ignoring? That it's safe? Healthy? Do enlighten me. Anyone with an ounce of common sense should see that choosing to not consume sweeteners is a better, more healthy option? Or am I wrong as I apparently know nothing.

You're backtracking now. What you originally said was "If you want to put artificial chemicals into your body with potential carcinogenic properties then go knock yourself out but nor for me." That's not quite the same as "choosing to not consume sweeteners is a better", is it?
  • poah
    Errr, the posting of the photo's, not you achieving your PhD - I would commend you for that.

Safe and healthy not the same in my book. Plenty of foods deemed safe to consume but hardly healthy options. No doubt what you do plays a big role but you deal in the creation while nutrition is more about the manipulation and application. Requires a different knowledge entirely which circles back to safe vs healthy.

what I put is the only thing of note as that what happens when you ingest it, while posting pics I already had and uploaded to facebook isn't much effort either.

both aspartate and polyols are sugar substitutes with minimal calorific energy; that doesn't affect fatty acid
    metabolism; doesn't cause tooth decay. so they are safe and healthy for you to sweeten your

1918297_107384232614230_4017305_n.jpg?oh=88cd8d9fa323796c28a537e391793285&oe=55DC16AB&__gda__=1440868436_0696d9a44c8c8ed6ef709da72515f350
  • BloggingFit

You're backtracking now. What you originally said was "If you want to put artificial chemicals into your body with potential carcinogenic properties then go knock yourself out but nor for me." That's not quite the same as "choosing to not consume sweeteners is a better", is it?
    All I have ever been criticising are artificial sweeteners (hence the whole Aspartame debate) and artificial ingredients as a whole for which artificial sweeteners fall into, so how am I back tracking? As I have always said, I personally wouldn't consume them and would advise others to do the same given then choice over a natural option (such as Stevia) but if POAH is more than happy to consume them,then fine - just not for me.

Far too easy to criticise behind a keyboard and pick holes rather than try and make a positive contribution which seems to be de rigueur on here of late. I've made my opinion, reap the rewards of it from a physical perspective and stand by it so I've nothing left to say.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What about carcinogenic natural products like nicotine and the by products in burnt toast? Most things are carcinogenic one way or another if you are daft enough to eat too much of them, for example most people don't get near 10% of the levels of aspartame that would be enough to cause a measurable risk increase. On that basis it is much like not having the MNR jab as it's responding to an unfounded fear.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Angus Young
    All I have ever been criticising are artificial sweeteners (hence the whole Aspartame debate) and artificial ingredients as a whole for which artificial sweeteners fall into, so how am I back tracking?

You're backtracking because you originally made the explicit claim that it was carcinogenic, you were corrected by someone who knows his onions on the subject and by NHS information, and you then claimed you were merely talking about healthy eating in general instead of bowing, with good grace, to someone who obviously knows a whole lot more about this subject than you do.

You're digging your heels in so it is you generating the negativity.
  • BloggingFit
    The Rookie wrote:
    What about carcinogenic natural products like nicotine and the by products in burnt toast? Most things are carcinogenic one way or another if you are daft enough to eat too much of them, for example most people don't get near 10% of the levels of aspartame that would be enough to cause a measurable risk increase. On that basis it is much like not having the MNR jab as it's responding to an unfounded fear.
    Valid points but as I wasn't talking about carcinogenic natural products that you wouldn't consume unknowingly they bare no relevance to the points raised at present. Clearly you can choose to avoid the artificial and natural forms, but as you have just pointed out the natural ones are on the whole more easily identified and avoided if desired while the artificial less so. Our food gets messed around with so much it can be difficult to a) know what the various additives are and actually do and b) physically avoid them as so much of our food contains them.

Bit obsessed with MMR, aren't we...
  • BloggingFit
    All I have ever been criticising are artificial sweeteners (hence the whole Aspartame debate) and artificial ingredients as a whole for which artificial sweeteners fall into, so how am I back tracking?

You're backtracking because you originally made the explicit claim that it was carcinogenic, you were corrected by someone who knows his onions on the subject and by NHS information, and you then claimed you were merely talking about healthy eating in general instead of bowing, with good grace, to someone who obviously knows a whole lot more about this subject than you do.

And you're not right now?

Try contributing to the subject at hand rather than getting personal.
  • Angus Young

Wow, the heels really are firmly dug in, aren't they. Always peculiar to see someone who doesn't have the ability to admit they were wrong. And, by the way, the MMR thing is a perfect analogy - a parent making their mind up based on nothing of substance but then won't change their mind no matter what credible evidence is presented.

Oh, and by the way, there was nothing 'personal' in my previous reply.
  • poah

why
  • BloggingFit

Wow, the heels really are firmly dug in, aren't they. Always peculiar to see someone who doesn't have the ability to admit they were wrong. And, by the way, the MMR thing is a perfect analogy - a parent making their mind up based on nothing of substance but then won't change their mind no matter what credible evidence is presented.

Oh, and by the way, there was nothing 'personal' in my previous reply.
    Oh, and by the way you still haven't managed a constructive post based on the original topic in hand, have you? I finished making my point a while back and yet you still want to drag it out with more and more irrelevance about digging heels in? About what, my opinion? Of course I will as it's my opinion. I'm not about to change what I think or feel on the back of a few keyboard warriors thinking otherwise. Clearly that message isn't getting through to you and I'm done flogging that horse.
  • Angus Young
    I'm not about to change what I think or feel on the back of a few keyboard warriors thinking otherwise. Clearly that message isn't getting through to you and I'm done flogging that horse.

Oh the message is getting through, alright. Someone with a PhD in a relevant subject along with a perfectly credible article from the NHS tells you otherwise and you stick your fingers in your ears and go "Ner, ner, ner, ner, not listening!"
  • BloggingFit
    POAH wrote:

why
    Why what? Consume natural or consume artificial? Let's all consume artificial products that has no long term evidence over the food that came from the earth and has not been manipulated and messed around with. Good choice and well done. It's not mine and this is causing a few individuals some issues it seems. That's fine but don't try and ridicule me for my opinion on the matter if you don't agree. Move on.
  • BloggingFit
    I'm not about to change what I think or feel on the back of a few keyboard warriors thinking otherwise. Clearly that message isn't getting through to you and I'm done flogging that horse.

Oh the message is getting through, alright. Someone with a PhD in a relevant subject along with a perfectly credible article from the NHS tells you otherwise and you stick your fingers in your ears and go "Ner, ner, ner, ner, not listening!"
    Flogging.Dead.Horse.
  • Angus Young
    Good choice and well done. It's not mine and this is causing a few individuals some issues it seems. That's fine but don't try and ridicule me for my opinion on the matter if you don't agree. Move on.

Actually, you're being ridiculed because you can't admit you were wrong. You know, like you did to Cody.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    How's he wrong?
  • Angus Young
    How's he wrong?

Because he stated it was carcinogenic. A PhD and the NHS say otherwise.
  • BloggingFit
    How's he wrong?

I originally stated potential carcinogenic properties but I guess you missed that when you jumped on the bandwagon.
    Move on.
  • Angus Young
    How's he wrong?

I originally stated potential carcinogenic properties but I guess you missed that when you jumped on the bandwagon.
    Move on.

Ah, 'potential' carcinogenic properties. Of course, how stupid of me you were right all along. Err...
  • poah
    POAH wrote:

why
    Why what? Consume natural or consume artificial? Let's all consume artificial products that has no long term evidence over the food that came from the earth and has not been manipulated and messed around with. Good choice and well done. It's not mine and this is causing a few individuals some issues it seems. That's fine but don't try and ridicule me for my opinion on the matter if you don't agree. Move on.

but you've still not said why or offered any proof as to why its bad for you. aspartame is about 40 years old so there is plenty of long term evidence to say its safe. Drugs are artificial I bet you take them ;)