London Ditchling Devil Audax, 7th June 2015

manotea
manotea Posts: 1,024
Hi guys, a post to announce this years edition of the London Ditchling Devil 200km Audax on Sunday June 7th, a romp from Wimbledon Common in South London down towards the coast and back to Richmond Park, with three village hall foodstops, food incl (and this is an Audax, so that means Bacon Rolls, Pasta, Cake...). Audax rides are relaxed touring events; all you need is a reliable bike and to be up for a good day out. If you haven't ridden an Audax before then this is the event for you!

The route has plenty of variety to keep you entertained, with a fast out and back from London, country lanes and some lumps to get over, including Ditchling Beacon and the Devils Dyke, but nothing too extreme; those of a fixed persuasion will get round nicely on 70". For full details, reviews of previous events, etc., see the event website at events.paudax.com or just google DitchlingDevil

LDD2015.jpg
"Put the kettle on, I\'m gaspin"

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Great ride this. Did it last year and have signed up again this year. Mildly concerned as I've scarcely ridden in the last 6 weeks due to a lingering chest infection that still hasn't gone and hardly any miles all winter. Saying that we certainly won't be riding very quickly.
  • harry-s
    harry-s Posts: 295
    Agreed. I rode this as a training loop a few times this year, and it's a lovely route. It's difficult to go wrong with the Audax routes, I'm guessing they've been finely tuned over the years!
  • manotea
    manotea Posts: 1,024
    One week to go. :)

Last call to enter at http://aukweb.net/events/detail/15-888/. No entries on the day please.
    "Put the kettle on, I\'m gaspin"
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    A fantastic ride, with good company. 205km and perfect weather. Tan lines are mega sharp. average speed of around 18.5mph, so was reasonably fast as well. second time round and did it in 1 h 3/4 faster than last time. despite a puncture.