isnt it funny

ianbar
ianbar Posts: 1,354
edited May 2015 in Road beginners
i have just dug out my cannandale caad8 tiagra 2012, she has not been used for 2 years but i want to get her up and running so i can use her as mucky/trainer etc. so i give her a bit of a clean, take this off, move that....

and suddently stand back and think...ohhhh i do like you! i am taking her to lbs to have a proper sort out and put 105 parts from another bike on her. i just think its funny how we all look at new bikes all the time ( usually much more expensive then we already have) but have these bike sat there which really we dont appreciate.

now give me a week back on the caad and i admit, i will probably want a supersix or something lol
(yes this was a pointless post really)
enigma esprit
cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012

Comments

• Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    I get ya!

Spent all my time recently on the new bike, my Allez resigned to the garage. Threw it down with rain the other night and out I went on it, really enjoyed it.
    Yep, we forget ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • MiddleRinger
    MiddleRinger Posts: 678
    I have a 105 equipped alloy framed Ribble road bike. Nothing special in the grand scheme of things. The only time I ever think about buying a "better" bike is when I'm not riding it, when I'm sat on the laptop and see shiny new stuff on the web. It's then I think; ohh maybe lighter, more aero, more modern, carbon, etc...

When I'm on the road and actually riding, it's faultless! :)
  • ianbar
    should get the caad back tomorrow, looking forward to it. its going to be my trainer/mucky bike.
    enigma esprit
  • fatdaz
    fatdaz Posts: 348
    My "best" bike is a 3 year old Bianchi Infinito and I generally can't wait until Spring to start riding it. Last year I built a Genesis Equilibrium disc from parts bought over the Internet - my first (and so far only) self-build. They're similar spec; the Bianchi is Ultegra and the Genesis 105 but I always consider riding the Bianchi a treat. My mate came back to visit his parents last weekend and while he was here he borrowed the Genesis and we went out for a ride. At home he rides a carbon, 105 equipped Trek but he raved about the Genesis. His enthusiasm really made me look at it in a new light whereas I think in my head I'd pigeon-holed it as my second bike and therefore not as good as the other one
  • ianbar
    on a similar note i took the caad out and it felt fab, so much more nibble and light. i think some of this was to do with such more narrow wheels and tyres. i have noe just got my main bike, enigma esprit back from its service, will see how she feels in comparison! will actually be getted if she doesnt feel better since she is worth so much more!! lol
    enigma esprit