Any good frame or bike deals about for >£1500?

primalcarl
primalcarl Posts: 579
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
I want to replace my ageing System Six frame with something a bit newer. I'd like a light carbon frame.

So far the best deal I've seen is the Scott Foil 20 complete bike for £1299 at Westbrook Cycles. The frame is the cheaper HMF version but should still be an upgrade over my System Six? The bonus is I will have all the spare parts from it to rejuvenate the winter bike.

Has anyone seen a better deal for frame or bike?

Comments

• It's hard to beat the Foil deals at Westbrooks tbf fair.
    For £1800 you could get a Canyon Aeroad though.
    Pauls Cycles also do previous years Cannonade Hi-Mod frames for around £1200-1700.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Another shout for Westbrooks. Check out their website as they currently have some amazing deals on frames such as Eddy Merckx EMX-7s for under a grand and Cipollini Bonds for £1600.
  • primalcarl
    I love Cannondales and those Supersix Evo Hi-Mod frames at Paul's are an amazing deal. But I've kind of had enough with the bb30 system on my Cannondale, and it would be nice to run my Dura Ace cranks without having to use an adaptor!
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Just use a Praxis Works BB30 adapter. It's an-in-all in one solution and by all accounts, very reliable.
  • primalcarl
    DKay wrote:
    Just use a Praxis Works BB30 adapter. It's an-in-all in one solution and by all accounts, very reliable.

That's what I've been using, still not creak free
  • I know you said carbon, but as someone steered me in a different direction a while back, I thought I would do the same and throw in a wildcard. I tested a carbon bike back to back with a steel bike and plumped for the steel option.

How about a £600 discount on a £2k stainless steel Genesis Equilibrium?

(scroll down in linked page)
    http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/Genesis_Equilibrium.html
    2011 Giant Escape 1
    2015 Genesis Equilibrium SS
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Another one for westbrook,just bought a bmc race machine absolute bargain :D
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap