Slicks on MTB

chrisp1846
chrisp1846 Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I recently bought a Whyte 603 and am finding i'm riding a lot more of road/pavement surface than off road. is their a good slick Tyre that you would recommend getting so I have a track/off road Tyre and a set of slicks for when im just out on the road.

Thank you

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Plenty to choose from, the Schwalbe City Jet is the budget option, can be found for less than £10 each (Halfords), if you want lighter and faster rolling then Conti Sport Contacts are well respected for getting close to £25 each.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • KingFraz
    KingFraz Posts: 6
    City Jets are pretty good, been running mine for nearly two years now and pretty happy with how they've performed! Consider going for 1.75 option for the extra comfort as opposed to the 1.5 tyre.
  • snowster
    snowster Posts: 490
    +1 for city jets 1.5 can't be beaten for the price
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Jets are good. Have a look at the Schwalbe website - loads of choice. For ultimate puncture resistant then marathon plus but they cost more (look at spa cycles).

You could go semi-slick or kenda small block 8 if you still wanted some off road ability (bit of compromise though).
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.