Sensa Calabria - any thoughts?

Borgie
Borgie Posts: 15
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
The Calabria is Sensa's new aero roadbike. It looks pretty good, but I haven't seen any english reviews yet. Are there any dutch speaking persons who can summarize this review for me please?
http://www.sensabikes.com/media/pdf/tes ... 0-2014.pdf

Anyone who knows more about this bike?
http://www.sensabikes.com/bikes/custom/ ... ustom?c=24

Comments

• No experience of the above bike but I have 2 sensa bikes.
    I have the fermo sl cx Bike which has been lovely and recently bought the Guilia Supremo custom which is light stiff and lovely to the ride. Anywho what I'm saying is I've had only good experiences with sensa.
    I saw the calabria in the shop Wrexham I picked up the Guilia and it looked lovely in the flesh imo. Decals are probably opinion dividing though.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Well it's colour scheme is aimed at the Dutch home market. I quite like the look of it, better than all the many dull black bikes. My Dutch is rudimentary though.
    Groeten
    Tomo.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Borgie
    Borgie Posts: 15
    t4tomo wrote:
    Well it's colour scheme is aimed at the Dutch home market. I quite like the look of it, better than all the many dull black bikes. My Dutch is rudimentary though.
    Groeten
    Tomo.

I also like the look of it. However, I don't want to buy it without "knowing" it's a good bike. The Guilia and the new Aquila both had good reviews as far as I know, but aero bikes generally have a reputation for being uncomfortable and sometimes not as aero as the manufacturers claim they are.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    I have a Sensa Calabria with Ultegra and 105 mix. Also the Sensa RC58 wheelset and must say it,s a great ride.My Dutch is excellent, the first link just describes the bike and the difference from the previous Calabria models. It also say,s it responds well when you put your foot down but is not that comfortable.Personally i disagree i,ve ridden 100 milers and had no problem as far as comfort is concerned. I cannot understand why there are so few reviews of this model from Sensa. For me i paid €1454 for my bike it was a steal for that price.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura