Orbea Orca forks - broken..

venster
venster Posts: 356
edited April 2015 in Workshop
The time has come to replace the forks on my circa 2008 Orca, or I will end up in hospital (the steerer is about to snap off !).

I can't find much info on these apart from the fact they may tapered, which from what I can gather makes it a very expensive replacement, but I may be wrong.

Can anyone shed any light on what size these are, if they are tapered am I stuck with a tapered replacement?

What could I replace with if so ?

TIA - wasn't sure if to post in here or Road Buying...

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Have you thought about asking Orbea directly, or at least one of their dealers? They may be interested in the failure and may be able to offer you a replacement at a reasonable cost...
  • dgunthor
    dgunthor Posts: 644
    you only have to undo a few allen bolts to find out if they are tapered or not. tapered is pretty common now so should be able to find a pair on eBay easy enough

(could possibly get a special headset too that makes a standard 1 1/8 inch fork and makes the lower bearing 1 1/4 but i'd just get the forks)
  • venster
    venster Posts: 356
    I think the shock of finding did something to my brain - of course, measure it...

I've got in touch with my local Orbea dealer and they are getting back to me.

And to think I thought the knocking was a slipping seat post... :oops: