Wednesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well the Bury game was the shambles. Because it was re-arranged after the last one was abandoned, it was free entry for everyone. This meant that there was no reserved seating. The fact that I've already paid for the game, and my seat, by buying a season ticket was completely forgotten. Then we lost :roll: 5000 extra people that won't come back.

Today I need to frantically ring the doctor to get an appointment, and then I want to go for a ride up the Pennine Way, to see what it's like. Yesterdays ride at Ladybower was knackering but fun!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Morning.

Already done 3 hours work, but in back home to carry on with CAD dullness!

Went for a good ride last night with northern monkey. Trails were so dusty and fast. Even found a new DH trail, I love where I live :)

Laters
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning Ladies,

Surely I'm getting old....couldn get up this morning to go to the gym.

I blame the football last night...

Office time now.

KMD training tonight.

Have a good one chaps.

Chris.
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Morning

Managed to get out last night for a blast. Legs now worse for wear but worth it.

Today involves the tricky decision between Nando's & the golden arches for lunch. I hope to squeeze in a siesta this afternoon too.

Peace.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Lovely sunny morning, and I still can't ride. Took the Mini in so at least the drive was a bit more entertaining. Stopped to fill up with petrol and bent the key trying to get the filler cap off. I knew I should have got a new one a while ago. They cost me peanuts and we've only got about 600 in stock.
    Wednesday means pub tonight, which is a win. The pub 6 doors away has a beer festival starting tonight which makes it a double win. Tomorrow may not be such a big win however. But who cares?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Just plotting a killer route for Friday then off to survey in a sweet factory.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Late start, busy morning but only a half day today. Afternoon off for a couple of hours of speed awareness course meh.

Bike tomorrow finally.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Just plotting a killer route for Friday then off to survey in a sweet factory.
    You know what Homer would do.
    240619.gif
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Morning. Havn't been here for a while. I've been adulterous with another forum (car) :shock:

Have been riding my bike though. Although just XC with the gf. Havn't rode DH or anything remotely like it in about a year :roll: Booked in for an uplift at BPW in a few weeks so that should be entertaining... (stevo - I've been a bit silly and forgotten to book the B&B - will try get it done soon otherwise it'll be a Travelodge!) Should probably ride some jumps to ease myself in.

Anyway, hope everyone is well...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today is the delights of Swansea
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    matthew h wrote:

At least the Sun's out. It looks even worse in the rain!
  • Mattharrier
    Mattharrier Posts: 173
    Afternoon. Doctors appointment, which was going to get me out of the office for an hour or so, is actually tomorrow, so I'm not in the best of moods. My mood was already somewhat low because I have to clear several weeks worth of my own fecal matter from a drain this evening, which is never something to look forward to (if this is the sort of thing you look forward to, you desperately need help).

If that gets done quick enough, I'll be replacing a rear tube and washing the bikes afterwards.
  • tlw1
    welshkev wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

At least the Sun's out. It looks even worse in the rain!

True! Shame I was in a windowless office
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evenin,

Half a day of what is loosely known as work and half a day doing sports, bit battered now and we lost.....meh!

Foods has been had so full up and ready for bed.

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Booked in for an uplift at BPW in a few weeks so that should be entertaining... (stevo - I've been a bit silly and forgotten to book the B&B - will try get it done soon otherwise it'll be a Travelodge!)
    Pesky, just try ringing a few from that list I sent over - the Newbridge Hotel should have some room if the B&B where we're staying doesn't.

Evenin Twunts,

Pedalling today was spoilt by some annoying clicking noise near the BB so I'll have to chuck into the bike shop on Friday as i've got not fettling time. Tomorrow I've got to go the retirement dinner of one of my team. The old git has been with the company 35 years so we're giving him a decent send off :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Booked in for an uplift at BPW in a few weeks so that should be entertaining... (stevo - I've been a bit silly and forgotten to book the B&B - will try get it done soon otherwise it'll be a Travelodge!)
    Pesky, just try ringing a few from that list I sent over - the Newbridge Hotel should have some room if the B&B where we're staying doesn't.

Newbridge is good for a late bar :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    edited April 2015
    matthew h wrote:
    ...and a fit landlady, unless you had a particularly thick set of beer goggles on?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

...and a fit landlady, unless you had a particularly thick set of beer goggles on? :)

Fitter than the average landlady