Banshee Spitfire V2 build

russyh
russyh Posts: 1,375
edited May 2015 in Your mountain bikes
So was about to hit the order button on a new Bird Aeris frameset, had the money burning a hole in my pocket and couldnt wait and stumbled across a Banshee Spitfire frameset with a CC inline shock in my size with 650b dropouts and stealth reverb routing. Fell in love instantly, size wise and spec it ticked all the boxes and here we are... Is obviously mid build at the moment, going for a very boring stealth black build. Pikes upfront in 160mm format, moved my carbon wheels and zee stuff across from the hardtail. Just waiting on a new rear brake hose, gear cable and reverb to turn up. (yes i know the chain is too long, will sort that once i have the rest of the bits. I will be ordering some stealth black Pike decals from Slik shortly as well. Cant wait to hit the trails with her. Just arranging an uplift day at Stiniog as well so will really get to give her a once over. Made up with it at the moment. Just sat waiting for the postman...

p5pb12144969.jpg
p5pb12144970.jpg
p5pb12144973.jpg
p5pb12144975.jpg

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Looks awesome mate! Looking forward to seeing it complete! :D
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • russyh
    I noticed your build after I bought the frame. My reverb should be with me tomorrow, I need a new brake hose and gear cable. Would dearly love to get out on it this weekend if possible!!!!
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Just a tip, the Reverb connectamajig doesn't fit through the hole in the frame. My solution was to reem out the hole a bit and smooth it off so there are no sharp edges to rub, you might have a better idea!
  • russyh
    Don't you remove the barbs etc and just feed the hose through?? Should be able to unscrew from the remote end as th connector is a screw on fitting. I am going to thread some string through the frame hole and the pull host throug from the top.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Can do, I was trying to avoid bleeding every time it comes off/goes on. There is a little inner lip on the frame hole that stops it going past, I just took that off, looks the same from the outside, bigger hole.
  • russyh
    Cheers Mate, i have just managed to route it through. Gear cable did not work, nor did attaching another hose. So i took a wild stab in the dark and it threaded straight through by chance.....How lucky is that!!!! Just bleeding the post now as due to all the messing about it needs doing.
  • russyh
    Just ordered some of these from Slik, to stealth the pike up a little. still waitng for my brake hose from CRC, most unlike them.

p4pb12153812.jpg
  • russyh
    Well its built and ridable. Obviously still waiting for my stealth pike decals. But for the time being it will do. Cant wait to get out on her this weekend. Really happy with how its come together, next upgrade will probably be the new XT 11 speed groupset that's due in June (?) Oh and an SDG falcon (my favourite saddle)

p5pb12157478.jpg
    p5pb12157471.jpg
    p5pb12157469.jpg
  • russyh
    Had a right cock up with Slik, they missed my house number off the package. Finally decals arrived excellent quality as always. So Pikes Stealthed up. Trouble is now i have a (pretty much) all black bike, im not sure that i like it. May want to add some colour once the back is back to a healthy level. Wife has found out how much the bike is worth (through a friend who asked what I rode) so in the dog house!

p5pb12234132.jpg
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Tell the Mrs you like the bike more than her, finish the job off..
  • russyh
    Sure there is a joke in there somewhere about which is the better ride......
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Nice look. Once you try black you never go back.