Wilier Cento1 Air

koen.stoer
koen.stoer Posts: 6
edited April 2015 in Your road bikes
My new Italian Stallion:

Steerer is yet to be cut...

Specs:
Wilier Cento1 Air ( Xl)
Ultegra 6800 with FSA SL-K Light Crankset custom Wilier (50-34 - 11-28)
Fulcrum Racing Zero with Continental GP4000s2 23mm
FSA SL-K stem and FSA Wing-pro bars ( both custom Wilier)
SQ-Labs 14cm 612 carbon rail Saddle
Look Keo2Max pedals
Elite Custom bottlecages Black, White, Red, with Elite Custom Wilier Bottle
DSC_0358.JPG
DSC_0360.JPG
DSC_0363.JPG
DSC_0362.JPG
DSC_0364.JPG
DSC_0365.JPG

Comments

• ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    like it, love it, want it
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • mekong_velo
    mekong_velo Posts: 102
    That's one very very nice bike, hope it rides as good as it looks !! What is the final weight ?

Regards
    Cervelo R3
    Tarmac Elite
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Very nice
  • That's one very very nice bike, hope it rides as good as it looks !! What is the final weight ?
    It Certainly does ride as good as it looks..... And way beyond that ;) Final weight is just above 7kg without pedals and cages.
    I've got Lizard Skins 1,8mm Bartape waiting to go on, but the original Wilier one is still doing the job...

Next on my bucketlist is a set of Vision Metron 55 clincher wheels and a FSA Plasma custom Wilier stem-handlebar combo... Need to save for a few decades though ;)
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Before you cut the seat post just remember (for when you sell it to me) that I am 6'4" with a 36" inside leg ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Before you cut the seat post just remember (for when you sell it to me) that I am 6'4" with a 36" inside leg ;)

Good News! The Seatpost isn't an ISP ;) Just the Steerer needs to be cut down... I've got a huge stack of spacers on top of my stem now... maybe the stem can be a bit lower, so for now I'll leave it uncut untill I'm sure about the number of spacers....
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Looks great. You must be a very happy man.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Nice... but then i would say that UZpGdLz.jpg

Find this a very quick bike, but harsh on UK roads
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    ILM Zero7 wrote:

I wondered about that. I was debating the SR versus Air a few weeks ago and decided on the SR which, around 700 miles later, I love. The Air looks the business though.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Dabber wrote:
    ILM Zero7 wrote:

I wondered about that. I was debating the SR versus Air a few weeks ago and decided on the SR which, around 700 miles later, I love. The Air looks the business though.

@ ILM Zero7, love yours with those wheels and the red anodized headset spacers!

@Dabber, I also debated the SR versus the Air however decided on the Air, yes it might be a bit harsher, but next set of tires will be 25mm, and a good saddle and bartape takes care of that! Practicality of having a normal seatpost, and the looks convinced me in deciding for the Air. Last but not least was the deal I was able to make on the Air including the BB386Evo custom Wilier cranks I think belong in such a frame. Would be a waste to just throw on a standard Ultegra crank that would have been in the deal of a SR. all in all I saved about €400,00 compared to a same spec SR..... Nice start in saving for a pair of Vision Metron 55s
  • 10/10 Perfect! one of the best bikes I have seen.....
    Wilier La Triestina
    Specialized Tarmac Comp