swopping shimano freehub to campag

caradale
caradale Posts: 34
edited April 2015 in Workshop
Hi all, hope this isn't to daft a question. I am splashing out on a full chorus gruppo, currently running old 105. I have a pair of campag Zonda wheels with the shimano m10 hub which I will want to use on the new setup.
after a rummage around the web I more confused than ever with lots of different opinions on what is feasible.
one site says that the sprocket spacings are so similar on 11 speed a shimano cassette will be fine
another advises buying a conversion sprocket with campag spacings on shimano spline fittings ( miche)
yet another says for best results change the hub to the right one but someone else says to do that the wheels will need re dishing.
Any advice on my best solution greatly appreciated and is changing a free hub reasonably straightforward or a job for the LBS if that is the best way to go. thanks

Comments

• mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    Changing the freehub is a 5 minute job, I changed the freehub on my 2011 Zondas from a 10spd only FH to a 9/10/11 speed FH (both shimano) 5mm allen key and 17mm spanner and remove the locking nut on the freehub, slide the freehub off and slip the new one on. There are a few Youtube videos on it so watch them furst just to be sure but its a simple job. As to which you should change to, I dont know but if it were me I'd get the correct campag freehub and fit you campag cassette, I cant see why the wheels would need re-dishing, the width difference between 10 and 11spd is around 1mm