Castelli and Assos bib shorts?

PLuKE
PLuKE Posts: 181
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
It's time to change my bib shorts, I must admit I have had bibs from China, but the padding now after 10months isn't that great.

I have been looking at Castelli and Assos.

Can anybody give me any advice? I am using a Fizik Antaras saddle and do sit more middle/front of the saddle.

Thank you....
2013 Merida Ride 93 Carbon

Comments

• I'm using the Assos equipe S7 and have found them supremely comfy. I also ride a long way forwards and these are hands down the most comfortable shorts I've used. Castelli depends on the pad, I don't find the Kiss3 great but the Progetto x2 is much better.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    I find the Castelli bib shorts with Kiss3 pad fine. I use a Fizik Arione R3 saddle, which I move around on quite a bit, and have no issues with the shorts or pad.

Not tried the newer shorts with the updated Kiss3 pad. Either way, I doubt you can go wrong with either brand.
  • I've got a pair of Castelli bibs with the higher spec Progetto X2 pad. Very, very comfy! :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,090
    I've got both and have to admit preferring the castelli ones
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    In Castelli the Progetto X2 is miles better than the Kiss3.

That said, Assos S7 bibs are easily the best on the market.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Castelli Kiss pad seems to be in the wrong place to me. I have several pairs of free aeros with the progetto pad and they are absolutely superb. Bought a paid of nanoflex for the water repellancy and they have the kiss pad - it just seems to far to the rear - feels like it is half way up my back and doesnt contact the saddle at all...
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Grill wrote:
    In Castelli the Progetto X2 is miles better than the Kiss3.

That said, Assos S7 bibs are easily the best on the market.

The S7 are sublime. As are the new Rapha pro team and Giordana FRC.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach