Specialized 2FO Clip Shoes

BloggingFit
BloggingFit Posts: 919
edited April 2015 in MTB buying advice
Was in the market for some more summer based shoes so fancied trying a pair of these out given some decent reviews and that I can get them at a decent price compared to the alternative of 5.10 Kestrals.

Had a couple of decent rides with them now and so far impressed. They are well put together and finished and are comfortable to wear feeling stiffer than you would anticipate which is good for a pedal platform. Weight is lighter much than expected. Much made in reviews about the clip area being design for easier clip-in function which I was a bit sceptical about but it does actually work making near instant clip-in from foot out cornering.

Obviously I need more time in them but on initial impressions these come recommended.
Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Are they worth the extra cost over a decent pair of Shimano shoes though?
    And foot out cornering is poor technique :-) keep them on the pedals!
  • BloggingFit
    Possibly not unless you really value lightning quick clip in as they are the best I have used for that. I wouldn't mind a pair of Shimano AM shoes as worn by the Athertons this year.

Don't make a habit of foot our but sometimes is just fun when hitting loose off camber corners.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    If I was interested in clipping in again I would be interested in these because the clip can slide further back on the sole than a regular shoe to closer replicate the flat shoe positioning I like vs the ball of the foot in a trad shoe.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I can get them at a decent price

Any chance you can share where from and for how much?

Cheapest I can see them for is £90, but that's 2 pairs of DC or Etnies (I don't use clips).
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • BloggingFit
    I got them at trade through a friend so unfortunately not really.

Got a few more miles in these now including a long commute into work with a mix of road and off-road and finding them now ridiculously comfortable.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I used to have spesh clip shoes and they were fantastically good on the feet. I love their gloves too for fit and function.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • BloggingFit
    I agree with you on that. I can always rely on Specialized shoes and gloves to fit well. Most comfortable gloves I own are some Dainese MX Air Dirt gloves which are sadly no longer made. Expensive but so well made and feel great. Personally I don't see the point on skimping on contact point items as they can make or break your riding experience. I would rather put funds towards decent shoes or gloves over a bit of bike bling if I had to make the choice.