Michelin aircomp ultralight tubes in Mavic Tyres

Coreythorny
Coreythorny Posts: 41
edited April 2015 in Workshop
Hi guys.

I have a Canyon which came with the Mavic Krysium SLR with folding Mavic grip/power link WTS. I accidentally damaged one of the presta valves on a tube and currently using my saddle bags "backup".
I was going to replace both of them so I have a couple of spares.
I'm liking the look of the titled tubes and curious if they will fit my tyres ok. According to Canyons website my wheels are 25c but I strongly doubt it. My bike isn't with me either so can't chrck unfortunately.
So was wondering if anyone knew if the 18-23 (only option I believe) ultralight latex tubes would fit the 25c tyres just in case that's what is on them.

I'm also open to other options on tubes. I am a bit of a weight weenie.

Thanks.

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Yes, no problems.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,174
    afaik aircomp ultralight are butyl not latex

they are certainly not 'ultralight' either, weight is similar to conti race light which are 25mm compatible, even lighter is the conti supersonic, but these are much more delicate, the conti tubes are also butyl
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Yes you're right. My bad. Getting my tubes in a knot!

I do fancy going Latex. At least try them anyway. Just looking for the area of lightest, but still reliable to some extent. I know one kind of counteracts the other but just looking for the happy medium.

I have seen supersonics but read a lot of mixed reviews on them.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,174
    latex won't save much weight, they're comparable to a light butyl tube such as the race light

fiddlier to fit and you'll need to reinflate before every ride, but on the plus side you'll get lower rolling resistance

your rims/basetape need to be in good condition as the tube will sneak in any gaps and also abrade on any rough bits of rim/tape/tyre

with alloy clincher rims you need to watch out on descents with a lot of braking as the tubes are more vunerable to high temperature than butyl ones

personally i stick to butyl for clinchers, but my tubs have latex tubes
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny