Boardman MX Comp 2014

FishFish
FishFish Posts: 2,152
edited April 2015 in MTB buying advice
I've gpt a couple of 26 MTB and an (almost unused!!!!!! :D ) road bike. My MTB are good at harder terrain but these MTB are no good really on around the off road tracks fitness spin - because they wear out the tyres.. and a bit slow so rather than buying an MTB with 29 inch am looking at the Boardman MX comp...

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/h ... -2014#tab2

..a hybrid.

Spec looks sort of ok and it will be faster on undemanding terrain. The reviews are a bit ambiguous- usually written by someone who has not bought a bike since the battle of Omdurman or (ffs) bought the wrong size. The spec omits stuff like the crank length or the bb type but does not seem too bad if a trifle heavy. I can see mods I'd put in right away - pedals being the most immediate. Has anyone bought one of these and could give me an idea.
...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Just fit some hybrid type tyres to the mountain bike if tyre wear is your problem.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    What RockmonkeySC says. A pair of tyres is much cheaper than a new bike.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What happened to N+1?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    N+1?. Damn I thought it was N+11
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Well buying new tyres is hardly the answer and as I can afford it I'll buy one, sort out the improvements needed and let you know.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: