E tube - SM-BCR2 battery charger?

page23
page23 Posts: 182
edited April 2015 in Workshop
Dear collective,

I bought a second hand bike with Di2 ultergra 6870 which i'm really enjoying. I'm wondering about customising a few settings via e tube and am confused whether the SM-BCR2 batter charger I have is enough? I know that the SM-PCE1 adapter is the main piece of kit (which i don't have) but i seem to be reading that people can use the battery charge alone or have i read this wrong? Either way, i'm not having much joy with simply using the charger.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Comments

• trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    edited April 2015
    Yes the SM-BCR2 battery charger is also a PC interface and can also be used to customize settings. Have you installed the latest E-tube software ? You need Windows XP SP3 and above,. So Vista,Windows 7 etc. and Net Framework 3.5.

Macs are not compatible.

Seach 'SM-BCR2 battery charger' on Google and download the pdf on the the first link.

If you have already installed the E-tube software try restarting your computer.

Another thing to try is a different micro usb to usb cable from the charger to the computer.
  • page23
    Ah right, I'm running windows 7 so that probably explains it. Thanks for you help!
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    It should work fine on Windows 7.
  • page23
    Sure - misread.

So I've restarted my laptop but the software gives me "the connected unit is not supported by the current bicycle type" message.

Any thoughts?