planet x

crannman
crannman Posts: 99
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
looking to upgrade my carera virtuoso my first road bike looking at planet x RTalloy shimano tiagra or specialized allez sport ....any feed back welcome or bikes around same spec price :D:D

Comments

• alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    What will you use it for? The London road is more flexible. You may want to do a light tour (so a rack), commute in the rain (so ability to put mudguards on), ride tow paths / have more comfort (wider tyres) for an extra kilo of weight on the bike.

You can't yet race with Discs though. Sportives are fine
  • crannman
    just use to keep fit not out to set the world on fire maybe the odd sportive
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    +1 for the Planet X London Road. £799 in the new stealth black colourway and SRAM am Rival 22 gruppo. Very versatile and will be capable of the odd off-road excursion too with the right tyres. I'm using a Kinesis Pro 6 disc and loving the ability to tie in fast road trips with the odd bridle way here and there and it's currently my favourite kind of riding. The London Road is very similar to my Kinesis but helluva lot cheaper!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Just got a Tiagra London Road drop bar bike. It's a pretty good bike. Only had it a a week but it rides well on towpaths and roads. Copes with potholes and rough roads near where I live and where I work. Light enough too. I've taken it places where I needed to lift it up it's a nice carry on your shoulder too. Wish I'd waited another few days to order as they reduced the SRAM 22 gear version by £200 just 2 days after I ordered my bike. £799 was my top budget
  • crannman
    thanks all will have a look at the london road