Why does no-one give an answer

I have been trying to find out why (not whether) it is necessary to first upload a picture to a hosting service before posting a link to that service when putting an image on BikeRadar. So far all I've been told is that is just the way it is. Despite trying various routes to get this information, I am still none the wiser. EBay, Gumtree, Preloved, Cycling Weekly, and numerous other other sites allow a direct upload, so why not you. Is there something in it for you to make things more complicated? Can someone just give me a straight answer, surely that's not asking an unreasonable question is it?

Comments

• NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Like this picture I uploaded via the Upload Attachment function?

And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I have been trying to find out why (not whether) it is necessary to first upload a picture to a hosting service before posting a link to that service when putting an image on BikeRadar. So far all I've been told is that is just the way it is. Despite trying various routes to get this information, I am still none the wiser. EBay, Gumtree, Preloved, Cycling Weekly, and numerous other other sites allow a direct upload, so why not you. Is there something in it for you to make things more complicated? Can someone just give me a straight answer, surely that's not asking an unreasonable question is it?

So you decided not to read what I have posted showing you what to do.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Yes, I have read what you said, but you obviously didn't read what I said. How much clearer can I make myself? I simply want to know why I can't upload a picture directly, as I can on so many other sites. I'm beginning to think that the reason must be a secret not to be revealed to anyone.
  • Use
    The
    Upload
    Attachment
    Function
    And
    Upload
    An
    Directly

Which is exactly what Nick told you in the other thread but you couldn`t be arsed to read correctly .

If you can`t upload an image directly it`s your fault, not the websites.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Yes, I have read what you said, but you obviously didn't read what I said. How much clearer can I make myself? I simply want to know why I can't upload a picture directly, as I can on so many other sites. I'm beginning to think that the reason must be a secret not to be revealed to anyone.

The reason is you refuse to read any and all replies. USE THE UPLOAD FUNCTION.

As someone once said "How much clearer can I make myself?"
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
  • Lungs94
    Lungs94 Posts: 160
    To be fair I've tried doing that via Upload Attatchment but it doesn't work, maybe 'cause im using an Xbox One? Meh idk
    Bikes:
    2013 Mondraker Dune XR - XX1 XO1 Hope, Easton Carbon, Fox
    Voodoo Bizango XT - Hope, Pikes, Mavic
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Check the resolution of the image - they're quite tightly restricted at 480px, and the message telling you it's too big isn't mega-obvious.

Or perhaps using a toy computer is the problem ;-)