Cannondale CAADX Rival 22 Disc

wilsoncx
wilsoncx Posts: 7
edited April 2015 in Cyclocross
Any reasons why I should make my first CX bike this Cannondale CAADX SRAM Rival 22 Disc?

I was happy with my Cannondale MTB, and I really want Hydraulic discs, this is pretty much on my max budget? I just want to hear if there is any reason why this is a bad choice before I hand over the money?

Not necessarily buying from Evans, just the first link that came up.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/can ... e-ec071031

Thanks
Wilson

Comments

• wilsoncx
    this one
  • Nice frame etc, but don't know anything about Rival.
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    CAADX Rival 22 Disc is likely a very nice CX bike.

I would likely go for a Canyon AL 9 £1499 for a tiny bit more money .....
    https://www.canyon.com/en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3620

CAADX - Wheelset 1965g - good wheels but reviewed as "heavy"
    Canyon - Wheelset ~1655g -

RRP price is more than double for the Canyon's R23 DB vs Mavic Aksium.

CAADX - Rival 22 Hydraulic
    Canyon - Shinano Ultegra w/Hydraulics

Canyons stated weight (i think for medium) is 8.4kg
    8.4kg is the weight of Cannondale's £2500 Synapse Carbon Hydro Ultegra Disc Road bike.
    I imagine the CAADX is at least 500g heavier (if not more,)
    I would imagine that
  • wilsoncx
    Oh that Canyon does have a nice spec, hadn't seen or heard of that will certainly do some reading and learning on that one, not much more at all! Although I do prefer just the actual look of the Cannondale still, I imagine you're right regarding the weights if the Synapse is 8.4

Thanks
  • wilsoncx
    Nice frame etc, but don't know anything about Rival.

I can't really find any specific review's / write ups at all
  • I think BR/C+ reviewed the CAADX Ultegra when it was released (I bought 105). Search will help.

I prefer my 105 mechanical discs ;-)
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Not much point in looking at the Canyon as only XL,s are left for this season.

I Have had a SuperX with Rival 22 Hydro on and now have a SuperX with CX1 Hydro, both brilliant bikes and I would have a CAADX with Rival 22 for a good alrounder / winter bike if funds permitted. Like already said the wheels are heavy and an upgrade would be nice, but disk wheels are getting lighter and cheaper all the time. I dont think you will be disappointed.
  • wilsoncx
    I've actually ordered it :) and am very excited...

I have read about the stock wheels being on the heavy side, but as a newbie I don't think I'll change anything straight away, I'm going from a Cannondale F4 MTB with road tyres, so as stock the CAADX is going to be a massive improvement as it is for me.... then as things wear/damage I can improve and appreciate the lighter weight and better quality. Not to mention the bike itself has rinsed my budget!!

Thanks for all comments, I cant wait!
  • wilsoncx
    wilsoncx wrote:
    I've actually ordered it :) and am very excited...

The Cannondale that is!