Rapha Sizing.

bluedog99
bluedog99 Posts: 183
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,
Could anybody tell me what the sizing is like for Rapha Jerseys? Is there another brand that they are similar to, for instance Gore or Endura?
Cheers.
Rourke 853 Team Pro Custom.

Comments

• w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Hi Bluedog,
    Rapha has two different ranges, Pro Race and Classic.
    The Pro Race is less "relaxed" than the Classic. I am 5ft 8 and 11 stone 7, I wear a size medium in the Pro Race and size small in the Classic.
    Castelli I am a large, Santini a large, Bontrager I am a small/medium. People tend to say that Rapha's demographic is the middle aged banker so they size larger accordingly....

Hope this helps?
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Oops, before I get shouted down for calling people "bankers" I didn't mean that to be offensive - I'm sitting here now just back from a ride wearing my black classic jersey, I'm 42 and work in a bank so pretty much what I guess is the target market....(my boss is on holiday so "working" from home today!)
  • SFT
    SFT Posts: 156
    crikey; I'm about 5'8" and 11 stone. I go for medium for most, and large for the Pro stuff....

also large in Castelli, and Assos bibs
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    5'9 and 11 and half stone. I am a medium in rapha outside for the pro stuff which I am a large. I would say the normal Rapha fits true to size.
  • bluedog99
    Thanks to all for the replies, really helpful. I`m 12st 2lbs and 5` 11, so I imagine I will be large in the classic range.
    Thanks once again.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I'm 6'1", 87kg (at the mo) and wear Large Rapha pro team.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bluedog99
    Thanks for that, I may be a medium!! That would be a first in cycling clothing!!
    Cheers.
  • jif1969
    jif1969 Posts: 29
    I'm 5' 9" and 70kg and wear medium in both classic and pro, as you're in Manchester I'd recommend you go into the Cycle Club and try the sizes for yourself.
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    6'2", 36" chest and go for medium. Rapha jerseys aren't quite long enough for me though.
  • bluedog99
    Thanks again. Jif1969, until you mentioned it, I didn`t realise there was a Manchester store!! Early next week I shall be in there.
    Cheers.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Sadly for me I'm a medium now, sadly because I have a full wardrobe of large kit :x
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Even at 50% off it would be a small fortune, no I'll save them until I regain the weight.

Right then time for breakfast then a ride to the archive store and back.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.