ANT sensor on a Giant TCR

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited April 2015 in Workshop
I recently bought a 2014 TCR Advance Pro 2 which comes with the ANT+ sensor built into the seat stay.

I've got the ANT+ sensor on the seat stay to work once and transmit speed information to my Garmin. Apart from that one time it will not pick up the speed or cadence magnets and therefore won't transmit information to my Garmin. Please help.

How do you get this to work?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Have you changed the battery ?
  • DonDaddyD
    Yeah, the bike is new, the battery had that plastic thing protecting it from use.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    If the bike is a 2014 model it could have been in storage since 2013 or before. i don't know that much about batterys tbh but can they drain even if they're not in use ? It may of sat unused for quite a long time.
  • DonDaddyD
    OK so I'll get a new battery see if that works. thanks
    Food Chain number = 4

• indyjones
    indyjones Posts: 114
    Pick it up and pedal to see if the green light flashes. You need to determine first (before changing the battery) if the issue is it's not picking up peddling/ wheel spinning or just not pairing/transmitting correctly
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Does your Garmin need you to "pair" the devices (like my 800)? If so, have you done that? Then remember that the Garmin needs to "find" the ANT+ transmitter BEFORE you ride off (so just a wave of the cranks across the transmitter - you'll get a message on the screen saying "speed/cadence sensor found").
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • DonDaddyD
    My Garmin has paired with the transmitter. But the transmitter only sends a signal when it detects the magnet. The green light has flashed when it does pick up the magnet - that one time it worked.
    Food Chain number = 4