Meet up and drinks?

Comments

• menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Let's just say we will all meet at 6pm on the 8th at the Pen Ponds car park. That allows us to collect people from all directions.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    menthel wrote:
    Let's just say we will all meet at 6pm on the 8th at the Pen Ponds car park. That allows us to collect people from all directions.

Do post where you end up, for the chaps/chapettes who might be turning up later.
  • menthel
    menthel wrote:

Do post where you end up, for the chaps/chapettes who might be turning up later.

The Roebuck was the final decision!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    In the spirit of the forum OFF topic I go

If anyone else is in Mallorca for the 312, I'll be there from Thursday until Monday drinking like its the end of the world.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rick_chasey
    menthel wrote:
    menthel wrote:

The Roebuck was the final decision!

OK cool.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    itboffin wrote:

If anyone else is in Mallorca for the 312, I'll be there from Thursday until Monday drinking like its the end of the world.
    Is that near the Roebuck?
  • itboffin
    Veronese68 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Is that near the Roebuck?

very
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • menthel
    This is a gentle reminder that we will be meeting next Friday (8th) at 6pm in the Pen ponds car park and then going to the Roebuck after a little plodding round the park. ;)
    RIP commute...
  • itboffin
    Sounds like bike dogging to me
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:
    Sounds like bike dogging to me
    I take it you'll be there then.
  • itboffin
    In the bushes across the road, natch!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    If one wanted to dodge the willy waving laps in the park, what's the estimated arrival time at the pub?
    left the forum March 2023
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    If one wanted to dodge the willy waving laps in the park, what's the estimated arrival time at the pub?

and equally what time are folks planning to stay to ish? I'm working till 8pm so 8:30 at best.
  • menthel
    No willy waving plans for the park. I can't see us getting to the pub any later than 7. I will definitely be there for a couple of hours at least.
    RIP commute...
  • veronese68
    I'll probably be there about 6:30, straight there via the park but on the path to avoid any willy waving.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Sorry, might not be able to make it at all now :?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • menthel
    elbowloh wrote:
    Sorry, might not be able to make it at all now :?

Bummer.

I am not sure who is coming TBH, but that is just because I am disorganised. I am likely to go to the pub at around 6.30 or so but cycle a little before hand as its only 30 mins from work and I will leave by 5.00 on Friday! ;)
    RIP commute...
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    is it the usual BR Forum gathering, also referred to as "when twelve become one" ?

Last year I organised a spring ride along the stunning Sustrand no. 5... out of a pool of 20 very interested folks, we ended up being 5...
    left the forum March 2023
  • itboffin
    That's pretty much why the Xmas party and weekly morpeth visits died a death.
  • veronese68
    I'll be there.
    Have I just cursed myself by saying that?
  • rower63
    rower63 Posts: 1,991
    I'll be there
    Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
    Ridley Noah FAST 2013
    Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
    Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
    Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
    Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
    http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html
  • menthel
    Looks like there will be a few of us at least!
    RIP commute...
  • rick_chasey
    I should be able to make it - albeit little later.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Assuming 8:30/8:45 isn't too late I'll be there
  • rick_chasey
    Anyone getting munch there?
  • menthel
    Anyone getting munch there?

Will probably grab a snack.
    RIP commute...
  • itboffin
    Whatever happened to the days when people would knock off at 3-4 and head straight to the nearest boozer?

Was all different back in MY day
  • menthel
    Will anyone be meeting in the park at 6? If not I will pootle round by myself (its better than being at work!) and then come to the pub at 6.30 or so.

If people do want to meet I will be at the Pen Ponds car park at about 6pm. Black kit, yellow rucksack and black condor Italia.
    RIP commute...
  • menthel wrote:
    Will anyone be meeting in the park at 6? If not I will pootle round by myself (its better than being at work!) and then come to the pub at 6.30 or so.

If people do want to meet I will be at the Pen Ponds car park at about 6pm. Black kit, yellow rucksack and black condor Italia.

I'll be doing some laps of the park from 5.30 / 5.45 ish - red (and white) BMC SLC-01, blue and black OMM rucksack. Won't be able to make the drinks tho.
  • menthel
    menthel wrote:

I'll be doing some laps of the park from 5.30 / 5.45 ish - red (and white) BMC SLC-01, blue and black OMM rucksack. Won't be able to make the drinks tho.

Will keep an eye out for you flying past me! I will be in there at about the same time.
    RIP commute...